Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rainmanbk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Just ordered this Jabra SP5050 speakerphone for my car!

SP5050_se_1025.JPG

It got great reviews, and people have said it is compatible with iPhone! Just want to let you all know that I'll post my impressions after getting it and playing with it! Excited to have this new gadget...

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
I just saw this in a costco magazine. Between march 10-16 Costco by me will have it available for $50 so I'm going to pick a few up. I've read a few reviews and they said this is the greatest mobile bluetooth peripheral. I'm really excited for this.

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
6 more days til' I can pick this up for $50. I can't wait. I was debating getting the bluetooth setup for my Alpine headunit, but it was a couple hundred dollars. This is going to be a nice alternative.

thatdude90210

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
I couldn't find it in my latest Costco magazine. Was it the issue with Martha Steward on the cover? Or was it their coupon booklet? If it's not a nationwide thing, I might just order it at Amazon.com for $72 with no tax & free shipping.

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
It was in the little pamphlet thing, not the magazine. I'm not quite sure if it was worldwide or not, but it said between march 10-16 Jabra SP5050 for $49.99.

thatdude90210

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
It was in the little pamphlet thing, not the magazine. I'm not quite sure if it was worldwide or not, but it said between march 10-16 Jabra SP5050 for $49.99.
Thanks, just what I needed to find it. Turned out it was in the "wallet" cover booklet. With the Calif law coming in July, it's good time, and a good price, for it.

thatdude90210

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Just got this from Costco. One thing from the Amazon.com reviews and descriptions was that it's supposed to only come with a car charger. But the Costco bundle comes with a AC adaptor where you can plug the car charger into. That was great, I wasn't expecting that.

It was very easy to pair the bluetooth with my iphone. And while it's not as loud as my car stereo, it's loud enough to work perfectly well. Sound quality is fine too.

One thing I did was remove the wire-clip in the back (pinch inward to remove). I'm using velcro to attach it to the hidden side of my car visor, sideways on the vanity mirror cover. It's thin enough that when the visor is up, I can hardly tell the Jabra is in hidden in there. And just flip my visor when it's needed.

Operations are simple. There are a couple of buttons on the side, one for volume up, one for down. The upper body is the main button: press and hold a few seconds to turn on, same to turn off. One quick press to receive a call (of course no need to do the "slide to answer" thing on the iphone), same to quit the call. And finally a longer press to send the call direct to voicemail.

There are indicator lights for on, bluetooth (paired/searching), call in progress, and low battery.

Highly recommended for people who want just a simple hands-free solution.

rfrankl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2006
I got mine from Costco yesterday. I normally get the coupon books in the mail, but couldn't find it at home, so I just found someone with the book at the store and they gave me their coupon. I read all the reviews first, and all were positive, so I decided to get it since I had been wanting a device like this. I am impressed. Works great with the iPhone. Some of the older reviews say they wish it had an a/c charger. Well the new ones do.

JimmyJames75

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2009
Hi

When the Jabra is connected and paired and the iphone is playing music through your car stereo, are you able to answer calls ok with it or do you have to stop the ipod etc to take the call with the Jabra?

Thanks

James

Just got this from Costco. One thing from the Amazon.com reviews and descriptions was that it's supposed to only come with a car charger. But the Costco bundle comes with a AC adaptor where you can plug the car charger into. That was great, I wasn't expecting that.

It was very easy to pair the bluetooth with my iphone. And while it's not as loud as my car stereo, it's loud enough to work perfectly well. Sound quality is fine too.

One thing I did was remove the wire-clip in the back (pinch inward to remove). I'm using velcro to attach it to the hidden side of my car visor, sideways on the vanity mirror cover. It's thin enough that when the visor is up, I can hardly tell the Jabra is in hidden in there. And just flip my visor when it's needed.

Operations are simple. There are a couple of buttons on the side, one for volume up, one for down. The upper body is the main button: press and hold a few seconds to turn on, same to turn off. One quick press to receive a call (of course no need to do the "slide to answer" thing on the iphone), same to quit the call. And finally a longer press to send the call direct to voicemail.

There are indicator lights for on, bluetooth (paired/searching), call in progress, and low battery.

Highly recommended for people who want just a simple hands-free solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.