Jacket with an iPad pocket?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by benhollberg, Dec 2, 2010.

1. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I have an iPad, I love my iPad. I just wish it was easier to carry around, I am a student, I don't always want to carry a backpack, and I don't like just walking and holding it, especially in the snow. I have of manufacturers that make clothing with a pocket specifically designed for an iPad, such as a jacket. I have never actually seen one of these jackets, and I can't even remember where online I have seen them. Today I told my parents that for Christmas I would like a jacket that can carry my iPad, they were as puzzled as I was.

If anyone has had any experience with any type of clothing, preferably a jacket with an inside pocket for an iPad, please reply. If there actually is such a thing and it works good I would love to know. Thanks.

2. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

[​IMG]

3. Capt T macrumors 6502a

4. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

After I said this, my dad while laughing to himself, "That would be funny, wait, are you serious?"

Thanks, just sent my dad an email with that link.

5. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Definitely thought OP was joking, but now I want one. That vest. :eek:

6. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

1. Buy jacket you like.

2. Ask a tailor to add the pocket.

3. Enjoy the fact that you had a wider range of jackets than someone who had to have one that came from the factory with an iPad pocket.

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Wow they really do have a market for everything these days...

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

This is priceless...I love it, my new favorite!!!

10. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I wish these were not as expensive. Anyone know of any other makers of jackets with an iPad pocket?

11. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I must update, I got a Scottevest. It is my favorite piece of clothing I have ever owned, I am always excited to go out now. It makes me sad to think that I can't wear this when summer comes. Thanks for showing me this.

12. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Wouldn't the weight be not evenly distributed, with the left side of your vest being more heavy than the other?

13. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

It does kinda feel weird at first but I got used to it fast. Also surprisingly you can't tell from looking at it that you have an iPad in your jacket.

14. whitesands macrumors newbie

Funny, I was only yesterday wondering which coat I could get the wife to sew a pocket into, looks like I missed a marketing opportunity.

15. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Is that an iPad in your pocket, or are you really, really pleased to see me? :p

16. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

You could have a tailor custom make you a jacket with an iPad sized pocket inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or these pants?

17. jns2001 macrumors regular

There are several to choose from on this website:

https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=1004

Those are motorcycle jackets that they have a pocket to insert a back protector on your back that fits an iPad perfectly, I tested it myself, as a matter of fact I go to the coffee shop with my iPad inserted there if the weather permits a motorcycle ride.

Ha, this one no one ever thought about it.

18. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Lulz

19. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

Scottevest was not invented for the iPad. It has been around for quite a while. I have had one of their jackets for years and they hold up nicely. I was carrying in to work a few gadgets everyday and this jacket made it easier. It was around before the iPad, but there is actually a couple pockets that will hold it.

I will agree that it is not the most cutting edge with it's looks, but that is the main reason I have been able to wear it for years. My next jacket will also be a Scottevest.