Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twoodcc, Feb 16, 2009.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

anyone been? i am on my honeymoon there right now (skiing). and i was just wondering if anyone has been here, and had any suggestions on what to do, where to go here.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ive heard its great for skiing. always wanted to go there

3. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

If you're on your honeymoon, I have a suggestion - turn off your computer. ;)

4. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I've been through there but never stopped.

I bought an Elmer Fudd hat specifically for Wyoming in the winter. The ears can get mighty cold when waiting for 170 gallons of fuel to finish pumping, especially when the wind is blowing.

5. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, i just got here yesterday evening. going skiing tomorrow. can't wait!

haha, i will......eventually. ;) she has her computer also.

yeah i bet. today we went on a sleigh ride to see the elk. it was nice. but when the wind was blowing, i think snot froze in my nose. still fun though. and i even saw a moose on the bus ride back!

6. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I went several years ago...during the summer...to meet my then girlfriend's mom and step dad. We were only there for a couple of days, and, like I said, it was the summer, so skiing was out. One day we went up to Yellowstone, another we went to this slide that was like a waterslide, but dry. The last day there, we went whitewater rafting.

However, none of that probably helps you much. :) Regardless...enjoy your honeymoon!

7. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

LOL... so true...

8. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks for the reply :)

we do plan on doing a snowmobile tour of yellowstone one day, and probably just ski the other days.

i just had an elk steak, and man it was delicious!

9. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I go up to Jackson Hole just about every Summer, my friend lives along the Snake River. I would strongly recommend you go eat at the Bar J Wranglers Chuckwagon. The food is great - it will fill you up! The entertainment is great as well, funny and very talented cowboys perform before and while you eat. They can feed over 250 people in less than 3 minutes, amazing stuff!

Here is the site - http://www.barjchuckwagon.com/

Here is a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su8HIQk7aL8

Good luck!

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I was there not too long ago and did a snowmobile tour to the Granite Hot Springs and it was fantastic. Some other people in the group said they'd done a Yellowstone tour and said that it was pretty grueling for a one day trip.

Lethal

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I hope he's not surfing MR from bed.

Sex fail?

Anyway, congratulations on the wedding. The wildlife must have been fun to see. :)

12. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks! i'll check it out! :)

thanks for the reply. yeah the guy told me about that tour, and a few others. yeah, the yellowstone tour leaves at 6 am and you get back at like 5 pm i think. but i think we can handle it. did you see any moose while you were here? i actually saw one on my bus ride back to the hotel yesterday!

no where close :D

thanks. yes it is. and i hope to see more, like bison, bears, and moose. skiing today though

13. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

14. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

that looks like a hotel there. i'm in a hotel right now, so i don't need that.

tomorrow we're doing a snowmobile tour of yellowstone. basically all day. but still looking forward to it.

today, we skied right by a moose! it was right there all day while we were skiing. i stopped and got some pics too

15. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

well today was a very long day: over 90 miles on a snowmobile thru yellowstone. but it was worth the trip. i saw some moose on the way to yellowstone, and then we saw some bison while we were at the old faithful geyser (we saw the water shoot up from the geyser also). we also saw a lake with about 180 degree water. and then we made snow angels on a frozen lake (lewis lake, named after lewis and Clark). we also saw a couple of waterfalls as well.

it all only took about 12 hours. i must admit that i prefer an atv (4-wheeler) over a snowmobile any day. though i did have another person on my sled.