Jagged lines on Exported Film.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by acearchie, May 1, 2009.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

After exporting the film I get lines with movement of the camera and people in the picture as in the screen shot I have exported.

Is there a way to correct this as I don't get it in the original footage?

Thanks

2. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

I can't actually upload the picture form school but does anyone know a solution?

Thanks

3. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

Sounds like the jaggies. I would get them from my standard definition camcorder while panning to fast. Am presuming yours is a standard def camcorder. What program are you using? Explain your settings on import? Explain your settings on export? Most of this comes from your camcorder not able to record fast enough so you have to slow down on panning to reduce this. I have a sony sr100, which is a great camcorder, but doesn't record fast movement very well. Moved to a sony sr11 and reduced most of this. Still have to watch my pans. You can try to deinterlace. Helps reduce it but doesn't remove all of it. Its mostly the camcorder. Check out camcorderinfo.com for very good reviews and info on better ways to shoot video.

4. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

No I have sorted the problem. It was because I pressed deinterlace on the export.

I have a Hi-Def camera and the original footage was fine but it was the export causing the problems!

Thanks anyway!