Jaguar to Leopard? HELP!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by darthraige, Dec 6, 2007.

1. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Can you go straight from Jaguar to Leopard with the actual install disc of Leopard and not the "upgrade" version? Or do I have to have at least Tiger on the system? I'm getting a weird "base system" error. Any help would be great.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I simply upgraded the older G4 system with Jaguar.

The PowerBook you have shouldn't be a problem.

The PowerMac you have listed is below the 866MHz limit, so you'd have to run one of the install hacks.

3. darthraige thread starter macrumors 68000

darthraige

No, this is for my brother, I should of mentioned he has a G5 Dual 2ghz that wasn't recognizing Leopard. So we thought we should just format and start from scratch and it still wouldn't install it. So we used the restore disc's to Jaguar, now I want to know if I can go straight to Leopard bypassing Panther and Tiger?

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you formatted the drive, and really haven't restored your user stuff ... you can probably just erase and install.

Typically I usually upgrade with an archive and install, so it really isn't saving much of the old system.

5. darthraige thread starter macrumors 68000

darthraige

He's been having none stop problems with his computer. Even the traditional wipe out the hard drive wasn't working right. I dunno, we will give it a shot again. Thanks for the input.