Jail Break 1.1.1 Not Working?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Sparx, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Sparx macrumors newbie

Hey I tried following this guide to jail breaking my iPod touch. First of all, I just want to know: Can anything go wrong (I lose space, my audio is messed up, etc.)?

Also, when I press install app it just gives me a white screen and nothing happens.

Any Help?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

do yourself a favour restore to official 1.1.4 firmware and either use ziphone or iliberty+...... how come you are trying to jailbreak such an old firmware?

3. Sparx thread starter macrumors newbie

...I don't get it. Why wouldn't I want to jail break it?

Because I want the 3rd party apps...is there something wrong?

I don't think I'm understanding this entire concept...

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I only ask why 1.1.1 as its such an old firmware when most people are using 1.1.4 jailbroken ipods

5. Sparx thread starter macrumors newbie

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I think easiest method for 1.1.4 would be iLiberty+ or ziphone.

ziphone is for the more novice jailbreakers, were as iLiberty+ is is a little bit more involved as it allows you to select things to be installed as it jailbreaks which might be a little confusing for the more novice people.

both do work as well as each other, for me I tend to use ziphone just for the simple one click convinience.

there is also winpwn (windows) and pwnagetool (mac) which make custom firmware to be used in iTunes when restoring, these methods again are not for the novice jailbreakers. Winpwn has the added edge over its sister app on the mac as it allows you to add sources like installer app and choose the programs in a much easier way then iLiberty. this feature will be coming in the next build of pwnage tool which is goin to be release at some point soon.

7. Sparx thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I have this tutorial infront of me on how to jail break 1.1.4, but I will probably use iLiberty because alot of people are saying that ziphone didn't work for them and iLiberty is much more recommended.