Jail break 2.02 Quickpwn Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by macornomac, Aug 31, 2008.

1. macornomac macrumors 6502

Hey guys I have a question. I just saw that the Quickpwn for Mac has just come out. Can I use this to jailbreak my ipod??? And with this method does that mean I don't have to restore my ipod and all my songs and stuff won't be deleted??? Thanks so much.

2. g2tegg macrumors member

You will lose everything, BUT.. I just did this last night and just after I jailbroke it, iTunes asked me if I wanted to restore it. I accidentaly did, and all of my apps and settings were restored. My music and videos did not, but thats easy enough to put back on. So now I have a jail broken ipod touch with all of my origianal apps that I have previously downloaded from the app store.

3. dakine85 macrumors newbie

sorry, i'm a newbie at all this jailbreaking stuff....i know these are probably really stupid questions, but i just thought i'd ask anyway.....

1. If I jailbreak my iPod touch, can I still install applications from Apple's AppStore (free or paid)?

2. Are the apps on Cydia and Installer as good as the ones on the AppStore? are they worth jailbreaking the iPod touch?

4. g2tegg macrumors member

Before I jailbroke my Ipod touch, I upgraded to 2.02 and got App Store. I downloaded plenty of free apps, and even purchaced some (dynolicious, crash cart etc). The thing I was the MOST worried about was losing the programs I paid for. So I backed them up into a seperate folder, not really even knowing if it was the actual program or not, and jailbroke it.
    After many attemps at jailbreaking my iPod it finally worked. And after I let iTunes restore my ipod I got all my programs back. It even even transfered all of my mail, and my wifi settings. So I now have Cydia, Installer, and App Store. I have the option to still pay for apps, or get them for free.
    Needless to say, I wish I jailbroke it a long time ago. Now I have terminal, so I can telnet and ping which is what I use quite frequently.

5. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

Ok guys, you have no idea what you're talking about.

If you use quickpwn to jailbreak your iPod touch You will not lose any music or games or applications or anything.

(You do have to either have a legit copy of the 2.0+ update or download it somewhere from the interwebs) and you have to update to 2.0 normally before using quickpwn.

I repeat, using quickpwn you will not lose anything at all.