Jail Break confusion

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrwinky, Nov 4, 2010.

1. mrwinky macrumors member

So I jail broke my iphone 4 about 3 weeks ago, but now I have to take it into to apple to get them to look at it. I wanted to know if i can back up my phone right now through Itunes? (ive added some contacts since my prejail break back up) And then I do a Restore from back up? which would take my phone to 4.1 iOs and have all my information from when I ran my last back up?

Thanks In advance

Winky

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

That depends on why you are taking it to the Apple store, if the issue is being cause by something on software, you will have to set it as new phone, if it is a hardware issue, them you are fine.

in Any case if all you care is about contact, make sure you sync you contact with Outlook (windows) or Contacts (Mac) or Google or MobileME. Them you can restore all your contact back no matter what happens.

Make sure you do you a fresh DFU restore of the firmware and don't restore from backup before you take it to the Apple Store. After they service it (or give you a new phone) you can restore your backup.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

What he said ;) Contacts is one of the easiest things to save, and if that's all your worried about you'll be fine with a back up and resync when you get your fixed phone back.