General Jail breakers...how is your battery life?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thedeejay, Jan 26, 2014.

1. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

I think I've finally convinced myself of jail breaking my 5S. I know in the past it's reduced my battery life quite a bit. How are your experiences with it? I already have crappy battery life so I don't want to do it if it reduces it significantly.

Cheers.

2. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

Not sure about the iPhone, but my iPad battery is still great, I can't notice that it's reduced the battery at all.

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

both my iPad and iPhone battery life are great.

4. dextr3k macrumors 6502

The jailbreak itself shouldn't affect your battery life at all. However its the tweaks you install that you need to be careful of, for example activator and winterboard will eat up your battery. So while others don't experience battery drops, you might if you try to do too much.

5. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

My battery life on my 5s is great as it was before I jailbroke.

Don't install every tweak going and you'll be fine

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My battery life is just fine. And I have over 30 tweaks and apps installed.

Inckuding Winterboard and Activator.

7. jackwills macrumors regular

jackwills

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

the battery on my 5s after jailbreak is terrible. it decreases at an alarming rate. used it for an hour and the battery fell down from 100% to 81%. i am thinking of restoring it and not jailbreaking it again.

9. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

You must have installed a theme or something similar. Try finding out the stale process using your CPU via 'top'.

10. Trevornewell macrumors member

I find little difference in my 5s battery life at all. Now if you install some battery loving tweaks then you can expect faster drain on ur battery.

But you don't see a lot of people complaining about battery life here.

11. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I've noticed my battery life to be slightly decreased on my 5S since installing Activator.

12. elfy macrumors 6502

My battery life isn't great because I've installed loads of stuff, some of it battery intensive no doubt. I don't particularly care though, I always have an external battery pack with me. :)

13. uisim151 macrumors regular

uisim151

Only slightly worse MAYBE after either winterboard icons or iwidget but I do not see how changing icons can impact it, probably its my imagination thinking that mostly.

14. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

It's not as good as stock, but there's a whole lot more use for the device now, so it's a worthwhile tradeoff. Anyone who tells you jailbreaking and installing tweaks won't lessen your battery life doesn't know what they're talking about. But those who say it kills the battery and makes the device unusable are also clueless as to how to properly manage the tweaks used.

Bottom line. Your battery won't be as good as stock, but then again you'll have access to a wealth of new tweaks to offset the usefulness of the device.

15. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Depends on the tweaks you download, but not much diff at all, I love my jailbreak :D

16. becast macrumors member

The battery life of my 5S was great after jailbreak but 3 days ago after I installed Springtomize 3 I noticed a difference in battery life.

Since I installed springtomize my Iphone 5S does discharge faster.

Before I installed springtomize and left my iphone overnight without use in 89% the next morning would be at 88%. Now, after I installed it, if I leave it in 89% the next morning would be at 77%.

17. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

My 5 is fine, but my iPad 2 was draining quickly. I restored it and will leave it stock. Most of the iPad tweaks were not updated anyway.

18. dmick89 macrumors member

IPad 3 with only Winterboard and Ayecon is awful, but pretty good on the iphone 5s and I have about 15 tweaks installed. Still get through the day and that's all I care about. There is some drain, but it's acceptable for my needs. It may not be for yours.

19. Trevornewell macrumors member

I put my phone on charge all night. I take it off when I leave in the morning. I do some chatting 15-20 min average. Some browsing safari, Facebook and Twitter. 20 txts more or less 3 or 4 with pictures. Check chive then the weather for the next day or so. After all that and it has been 13 hours not charging and I have %20 left.
    And screen brightness is at about 1/4 bright.

20. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Mines actually better than before, but it's more likely due to the restore I did prior to the jailbreak than the jailbreak itself.

21. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Here are some great battery drainers:

1. Haptic Pro
    2. FaceOff7
    3. Vibration, or Always On enabled on Virtual Home
    4. Not Winterboard but certain Winterboard themes
    5. Veency (I almost never use it unless my device is plugged in, which is okay since I only use Veency at home/work)

Here are some good battery savers, depending on how you use them:

1. Dimmer
    2. Activator (for auto-deactivating switches based on events or gestures)
    3. SBProfiles

Your experience may vary.

22. thedeejay thread starter macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Thank you all for your responses!

MastahRiz, have you tried BatterySafe? What do you think?

23. icebergx macrumors regular

Does using Battery doctor pro make much difference? That's got a lot of power saving feature included, I'm just not sure that the app itself uses more battery, itself!

24. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

My battery life on my ip5 was better when I was still jb on io6. Once I upgraded to io7 before even jailbreaking I noticed it drained faster. My phone is now jb on ios7 and drains even quicker but now for a good reason. One of those give and takes.

25. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

havent installed any theme. the tweaks installed are as follows

Activator
    BioLockDown
    CCToggles
    SubtleLock
    Virtual Home
    Zepplin

thats it.