iPad Jail breaking iPad 2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by breadlover1995, Jun 8, 2012.

1. breadlover1995 macrumors newbie

Hello guys
    I was thinking of jail breaking my iPad 2 and I had a few questions.
    can I unjailbreak my iPad.
    Can I still update from apple with no problems in jailbreak mode
    is there know problems I should look out for in jail breaking.
    I also wants to know if I back up my iPad on iTunes can I still put it back on my iPad with no problems and can I continue using iTunes to transfer video music etc..
    I found a site for jail breaking and wanted to know if Any of you have tried it before or what break site u used to do yours. Thx in advance. http://absinthejailbreak.com/

Also can I still download apps from the app store ,and Will the apple store fix my iPad if I have a problem with the sleep/wake botton.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

can I unjailbreak my iPad.
    YES, RESTORE TO STOCK WILL UNJAILBREAK

Can I still update from apple with no problems in jailbreak mode
    YOU'LL HAVE TO PUT IT IN DFU-MODE, WHICH IS EASY, OTHERWISE NO PROBLEMS TO UPGRADE TO NEW FIRMWARE, YOU WILL LOSE THE JAILBREAK BY UPGRADING

is there know problems I should look out for in jail breaking.
    NOT REALLY, SOME JB APPS ARE A BIT BUGGY, MOST ARE ROCK SOLID, BUT VERY HARD TO BRICK IT

I also wants to know if I back up my iPad on iTunes can I still put it back on my iPad with no problems and can I continue using iTunes to transfer video music etc..
    YES, NO PROBLEMS

I found a site for jail breaking and wanted to know if Any of you have tried it before or what break site u used to do yours. Thx in advance. http://absinthejailbreak.com/
    GET IT FROM THE ORIGINAL SITE HTTP://GREENPOIS0N.COM

Also can I still download apps from the app store ,and Will the apple store fix my iPad if I have a problem with the sleep/wake botton.
    YOU CAN STILL USE THE APP STORE, BUT APPLE WILL NOT SERVICE JB-EN DEVICES, JUST RESTORE TO STOCK FOR ANY SERVICE

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

1: Yes
    2: Yes, but it will remove the jailbreak, unless you mean apps, then just yes.
    3: No problems currently, just don't screw around with random files unless you know what they do
    4: Yes, nothing changes with iTunes
    5: If I were you, I would stick with http://greenpois0n.com, that is the official jailbreak website.
    6: Yes you can download apps, no it probably won't fix your button, as that is a hardware issue, it might though, who knows.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

nice copy of my post… :)

5. slayer666 macrumors regular

I was just about to ask the same question about jailbreaking the iPad then I found this thread and it answered all my questions. Thanks for the info

6. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Ha, don't worry, I only did it because if I were him, I would want more than one person to confirm the info, rather than going off of the first guy I saw.

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero