jailbrake ipod touch 2g plz help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by i-do, Mar 13, 2009.

1. i-do macrumors member

I don't understand any of the things the dev team said about this because I am new at this and this is my first ipod touch. so.....can anyone make a jailbreak guide for the official 2g jailbreak????:confused::confused:

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDX

:apple:had an ipod nano 1g:apple:
    :apple:have an ipod touch 2g:apple:
    :apple:wanna have a macbook pro but don't have money:apple:

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

3. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Maybe you...shouldn't be trying the iPod Touch 2G jailbreak.

4. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

You can now fully jailbreak iPod Touch 2G!
    Posted by: QuickPWN Mar/11/2009
    Are you an iPod Touch 2G owner? Today is a good day for you! The Dev-Team have finally released a patch with the codename “24kPwn” which will allow you to perform an untethered iPod Touch 2G jailbreak. Untethered means your iPod Touch 2G won’t need to be rejailbroken every time you reboot your iPod Touch 2G. This patch will always make your iPod Touch 2G jailbreakable no matter what firmware Apple releases. The Dev-Team were originally planning on holding on to this exploit until Apple released the next version of the iPhone so that Apple wouldn’t patch it up but they were forced to release it today because another company somehow found this exploit and started selling it.

iPod Touch 2G Jailbreak
    Currently the Dev-Team has not packaged this into a PwnageTool/QuickPWN software yet but it will be released in their next official QuickPWN/PwnageTool release. If you cannot wait for the official QuickPWN/PwnageTool release you can try QuickFreedom, a GUI iPod Touch 2G jailbreak software developed by @DanCool999 on iPod Touch Fans forums. Use QuickFreedom or any other iPod Touch 2G jailbreak software at your own risk, QuickPWN.com is not responsible for anything that happens to your iPod Touch 2G. If you plan on trying this jailbreak please join the forums and post your experience there so it helps out others.

via Dev-Team blog

Staight from quickpwn's homepage showing that the untethered jailbreak for 2md gen should be packaged with the next update to quickpwn.

5. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

if you can get your hands on a windows machine, i would DEFINATELY recommend using quickfreedom (www.quickfreedom.com). I just tried it, and it works without any issues (for me!) It's completely GUI based, and there is no copying and pasting of files into anything, its all done for you. Easy! :D

It also works with custom boot logos, which is nice.

If you end up using quickfreedom, you won't need any guide. It tells you the steps while you go through--although the only thing you have to do is hit next a few times, confirm, and then it tells you how to enter DFU mode.

6. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

+1

I've just used QuickFreedom. It's like a combo of QuickPwn and PwnageTool. It's as easy and simple as QuickPwn, but makes a custom IPSW like PwnageTool. It's fantastic, I've truly Jailbroken a friends iPod with complete ease! Shame it's Windows only :(

7. i-do thread starter macrumors member

like i said i am new at this so i don't know what is dfu mode or "it works on gui".....so can any one explain???:confused::confused:

and also does it an untethered jailbrake because i steel don't understand

8. Yondaime111 macrumors newbie

Yondaime111

Missing Contacts Application

I just realized my contacts app is missing...I went into SBSettings and it wasn't hidden or anything, but it wasn't in the list either. All of my contacts are still on my iPod because I can access them through Textfree. Does anybody know how to fix this?

9. Yondaime111 macrumors newbie

Yondaime111

just ignore that...I thought I was starting a thread

10. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

GUI means its a graphical user interface, you don't have to do anything that involves typing in lines of code. Don't worry about the DFU mode, as my post said, quickfreedom tells you EXACTLY how to do everything in extremely easy steps; and that includes telling you about and how to put your iPod into DFU/recovery mode.

Quickfreedom is an untethered jailbreak, which means you don't have to plug your iPod Touch into a computer to turn on (tether).The previous versions of the jailbreak which were tethered required you to plug your iPod into a computer every time you needed to turn it on, or else you would lose your jailbreak.

As I said, If you download quickfreedom from the link in my first post, you would see that you are really over thinking on this. Quickfreedom is incredibly fast and easy, you don't need to know anything anything about DFU mode, code, etc. Its just a matter of click a next button a few times and then BOOM your jailbroken.

11. i-do thread starter macrumors member

one last question

can i jailbrake my ipod from one computer and then plug and cync it to other computer without losing the jailbreak??

12. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes. Everything synced from the first computer will be erased when you sync it with the second.

13. i-do thread starter macrumors member

I have tried quick freedom.

i followed the instructions of getting the ipod into DFU mode and the ipod went to recovery mode so i am restoring it.......:mad::mad:

edit: i succeed turning it off and on into its normal mode.....but i am not sure at all that i am going to try quick freedom again......

14. jamaica14 macrumors member

So?

So is there anyway that i can keep the music on my ipod when i do the jailbreak because i dont have access to my old comp. And i really cant afford to lose all my music, im almost 100 percent sure i read somewhere that i can keep the music but i dont know where i saw that so is it true?

15. jamaica14 macrumors member

16. i-do thread starter macrumors member

quick freedom doesn't work!!!!

i succeed putting my ipod into DFU mode (with the white screen)than i hold the SHIFT and pressed "restore" and it restored it normally(without the jailbreak)

17. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

When you first started quickfreedom, did it say if libusb was installed? If it wasn't, you need to install it.

What OS version are you on? XP? Vista? 32 or 64 bit?

Quickfreedom does work, it simply didn't work for you. There is probably a reason for that too, as it should have worked. We can try to help you figure out what went wrong.

18. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

You can't save your music when you jailbreak.

UNLESS you previously jailbroke with redsn0w semi tethered.

19. i-do thread starter macrumors member

there wasn't cydia or installer. i dont mean the music...

if there weren't spoused be so can you tell me from where to get them???

20. i-do thread starter macrumors member

it asked to install libusb ant i did it. i used it on xp

everything is fine i just skipped a stage sorry for wasting your time...

21. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

no problem! So are you jailbroken now?

22. i-do thread starter macrumors member

no in the beginning of the restore, the itunes gave me the message "device wasn't detected (eror code 1604)"

I tried it a few times later in it did the same thing.....any ideas??:confused::confused:

*edit*
    ipod jailbroken i tried it trough my brothers computer.....i think that the version of the itunes maked the difference...(he has an older version)

23. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I used QuickFreedom with Vista 32 bit, on my laptop, with the latest version of iTunes (8.1) and everything was fine. Did it have the white screen before you restored it?

24. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

Yes!

yes i had the white screen - but was reassured its normal.

25. Spartan Sh4dow macrumors newbie

Spartan Sh4dow

Make sure that if you are on vista that when you install the libusb that you open the install file and change it's compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2 or it will corrupt your installation of Windows Vista