JAilbreak 1.1.2 stops dwl at certain point???HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by newitouch, Jan 21, 2008.

1. newitouch macrumors newbie

once i try to dowloand jailbreak1.1.2 it starts the dowload but always stops at one point. it always says Jailbreaking and then sdays Reading Flash IMage!Q!!!!! ND IT ALWAYS STAYS THERE. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE I NEED THIS!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Your so desperate you need a little plus in the calendar app? Meh... =\

3. VToX macrumors member

jesus chirst why don't you start by telling us the steps you went through.

4. nocash macrumors newbie

5. newitouch thread starter macrumors newbie

ok ok ok sorry i jus been sittin here for 10 hours and this **** wont work and ive restored my itcouh 50 times. here we go

1. Download this 1.1.1 file (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70927.p23dD/iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw). Make sure that when you download it, it stays as either a .zip or .ipsw, if not, download it with a different browser. If it's a .zip, just rename it to .ipsw. Put this somewhere you can remember (like your desktop).
    2. Connect your iPod and put it in restore mode (hold home+sleep, let go of sleep after 10 seconds, keep home held down), open iTunes if it doesn't by itself, and select your iPod in the left pane.
    3. Option+click restore (shift+click on windows).
    4. Select the .ipsw file and hit ok.
    5. Once it's finished restoring, go to http://jailbreakme.com on your ipod and click "install appsnapp" at the bottom.
    6. Once that's finished, open installer, and click on All Packages, then select OkToPrep. Install this.
    7. Now connect your iPod, open iTunes, and select it in the left pane.
    8. Click on Upgrade (NOT RESTORE).
    9. Let it Upgrade.
    10. Download this Jailbreak package (http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip) and extract it your desktop.
    11. Make sure your iPod is still connected, and open the folder you just downloaded. If you're on windows, double click Windows.bat, if you're on mac, double click Jailbreak.jar.
    12. Follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak it.
    13. You're done.

i went through 11 steps but then when i tried downloading jailbreak it ketp freezing the dowload. sO then i up upgraded it upgraded to 1.1.3 and ever since then jailbreak wont work and then when i try steps 3-5 it says the download of 1.1.1 had an error and that i need to restore so this has never worked since the first time!

6. VToX macrumors member

Wrong

Downgrade form 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 using THIS method. Not yours.
    METHOD
    Then download the 1.1.2 firmware.
    Make sure it is an ipsw file.
    Shift Click Update choose the file
    then run jailbreak.jar or windows, whichever you're on.