Jailbreak 1.1.3 and 20$ apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by macfan881, Jan 26, 2008.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

so does this Jailbreak procsses work with the apps and how would i reinstall the apss?

2. boonleng macrumors regular

yes it work... i did mine from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 using an intel imac... now I have the new safari, new google map (with find me button)... installer is still there so that pretty much gets you back all the 3rd parties... except summerboard is not out yet so no theme customization.

3. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

ah ok thats why i wanna upgrade i miss having wallpaper themes on my ipod so ill wait till a summerboard upgrade is available.

4. cjd82187 macrumors member

Does your mail work? I cannot get mine to keep any info i put in. When I use the automated Gmail setup, it does not remember the password and is not usable. Also, I cannot add an account manually either because it does not remember the password i type when it does the initial check to see if it can connect to the server. This has happened when I had both the iPhone firmware and the iPod firmware jailbreaks. When I have it un jailbroken, it worked fine though.

Side note, I did have ssh and bsd installed as well, and I ssh'd into the ipod to get rid of that 300mb file that is installed during the jailbreak process. Could that possibly break it?

EDIT: Apparently there is a fix for my problem. http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo need to be put in installer and it has a password fix in the 1.1.3 tweaks section. Going to try this now after I restore and jailbreak my iPod again =\ I just put it back to normal when I got the email with the fix lol...

5. boonleng macrumors regular

Yes my mail works... hope the mail 113 fix is gonna do it for you...

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the 300mb file is just an image file nothing important, there is an option in the installer to remove the image file to save you sshing into your touch

7. cyberfreakct38 macrumors newbie

i have same problem, i enter the password and when i go to check the mail it says i didnt have a password

8. cjd82187 macrumors member

Well, that link I posted fixed my mail password problem!! I'm pretty happy now =) Oh, and I had to ssh in to remove it because for some reason the auto cleaner did not work for me... If you want to do it manually, ssh in to your touch, and go to /private/var/root/Media and you will see the softupgrade folder (or is it softupdate? I forgot lol) and delete it. That should free up 300mb on your device.

Oh, and if you need help fixing your mail problem, here are some instructions (I will also make a new post for others to see!)

Go to installer, click sources, then the edit button on the top right, then the add button on the top left, and type this into the add source: http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo

Then you can refresh the installer/close and open it up again and go to Tweaks (1.1.3) and you will see a download for the mail fix! Enjoy!!!

9. Xenn0X macrumors regular

my bought apps will not sync to my touch.... any ideas?

10. cyberfreakct38 macrumors newbie

tell apple to give you your money back then jailbreak the touch

11. cjlopez macrumors newbie

I bought the January Software Before i even knew that Jail Breaking Existed. So 2 days ago i went back to 1.1.1 then onto 1.1.2 and jailbroke them. Then i did the jailbreak to 1.1.3 from my ipod and when that was done i plugged my ipod onto my computer and the new apps i payed for with the wiggly thing came on the screen.

12. Xenn0X macrumors regular

i found out what the problem was.
    stupid apple. i bought the apps on my work pc with itunes.
    then when i sync at home they will not install, wich to me is stupid cuze logged in same account.
    but i found out that a small 10 kb file is downloaded on the itunes pc where it was bought and when copied that file to same location on my other pc it will sync fine.

C:\Users\Vista_Test\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Mobile Applications\

a file is called: iPod touch App Pack 4A93.ipa
    that is needed on the pc where your library is and synced.
    so if you are on a other pc with itunes copy that file and then you'll get the apps. otherwise no go and only syncs the apps on the pc where you bought them.