Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2006
Hey All.

I may be missing something here. Since we can jailbreak a 1.1.3 iPhone and keep the new baseband, is there a way to activate a 1.1.3 jailbroken iPhone with my cingular account? iASign used to work but now it doesnt seem to. And if it was possible using the tiff exploit i dont see why i cant activate on a jailbroken 1.1.3. If anyone with experience doing this can chime in, or point me in the right direction. Oh and we can use anySIM on 1.1.3 so what gives?

Thanks,
Daniel

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2006
Um... iTunes. at&t is Cingular.

TEG

Yes thats true. But if you remember, in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 there was the ability to use a preexisting cingular/ATT plan with the iPhone without having to get the iPhone plan. I have a much cheaper plan with unlimited data and voice, and do not want to grab an iPhone plan if i dont have to.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Yes, Jailbreaking and unlocking the iPhone will allow you to use that sim.

There was a big change in the 1.1.3 firmware that prevented me from using the sim from my 1.1.2 iPhone in my 1.1.3 iPhone. It also prevented me from using the sim from a cheap GoPhone that I bought at Radio Shack. After the unlock which downgraded the baseband, I can use any of those sims. Unlock the iPhone and you should be able to use that Cingular sim as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.