jailbreak 1.1.3 or wait until SDK

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jakealdred, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jakealdred macrumors member

jakealdred

So i got a ipod touch for christmas and i was thinking is now the right time to jailbreak i mean with the SDK round the corner. Also if i jailbreak would it work with itunes ok or would i have to use something else and if i had to use something else what would i use what is as easy as itunes or easier?

2. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

when does the SDK come out and how much will it be?

3. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

read one of the 50 posts or so on the same subject.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Nobody here knows when it will be released and you won't buy it... It's a development kit. And just because it might come out at the end of February doesn't mean that there will be instant software.

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

i would wait, its too soon to go through the hassle to get to 1.1.3 JB'd

good apps are about a month away (i think) counting in time for people to make them....

6. Alphy macrumors member

7. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

What he said.

8. jakealdred thread starter macrumors member

jakealdred

i Shall :D
    -jake

9. stockcerts macrumors 65816

10. wizard macrumors 68040

OK by what form of logic do you come to that conclusion? Are you an Apple employee?

There is simply no justification for that sort of blanket statement. Like all things in life one has to weigh the various trade offs and then come to a conclusion. A conclusion that is specific to ones personal needs and a willingness to take risk.

In the case of the Touch jailbreaking has the potential for some pretty huge pay offs. The hardware has potential in the way that few other similar platforms offer.

Dave

11. wizard macrumors 68040

The decision to jailbreaks should be based on your needs as an individual and your aversion to risk. However all that being said, I come to the opposite conclusion with respect to the jailbreak and the SDK proximity. The closeness of the SDK frankly just makes me curious and hopeful that the promise of the TOUCH and Touch based devices will be realized with the SDK. So I see the SDK's potential arrival as a reason to hold off a jailbreak.
    Can't answer that question. I have to suggest though that you need to be posting in forums focused on jailbreaks and not general usage forums.

Note: it looks like the SDK will be delayed. All rumor at this point but realize that a week or two doesn't make a lot of difference.

Before making a jump to a jaibroken device it would be good to ask yourself what you will be getting for it. Obviously there are some very compelling apps already out there for jailbroken Touches, you should ask your self "do I really need them"?

Dave