Jailbreak 16 gb touch without getting bsd errors!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Xenn0X, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Xenn0X macrumors regular

16 gb can be jailbreaked using ziphone 2.5c!
    just follow this guide and it works on all 16 gb!

normally i have bsd root error like most of you, did it this way and worked fine on first try.
    now enjoying a real vanilla 1.1.4 jailbreak.

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45767

2. supercooled macrumors 6502a

You performed this on a Mac? ZiPhone on the Mac doesn't allow clicking multiple times or at least it has no effect.

3. Xenn0X thread starter macrumors regular

this is windows only

4. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Worked for me too!! I just saw the video as it's also currently embedded in the ziphone blog site (www.ziphone.org)

I had restored my 16 gb iPod Touch to factory 1.1.4 and gave this a try...and it worked!

I had to do it two times...I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time...perhaps there's something to the timing of it all.

Anyway, I'm glad to have my JB 1.1.4 16gb Touch!

5. PlayWithTV macrumors regular

I've tried it ten times and got a BSD root error every time. Using a Vista machine.

6. engles macrumors regular

this doesn't work on a mac... kinda pathetic considering ipod touch/iphone is apple. even though it is a "hack"

7. mbrellisford macrumors member

32g iPod Touch successfully Jailbroken. No Problems. (Had to use Windows [Parallels] in order to do the multi-click technique).

8. Hedzzup macrumors newbie

i was able to do it on my 16Gb iPod Touch...after clicking jailbreak button several times during the boot process and after closing the ziphone interface, i did a hard reset when the bsd error loop appeared and waited until itunes detected the ipod. i then clicked "restore" and an error appeared which said my unit cannot be restored. however, when i checked my ipod its already jailbroken!...i just unplugged it and reconnected it back again and its working fine...

9. Clinton9031 macrumors member

I can confirm this method has worked on my 16gb iPod touch... It is now 1.1.4. Jailbroken

10. engles macrumors regular

does anyone know a method of doing this on a mac????

11. boramora macrumors member

boramora

Like mbrellisford said above, if you don't have a PC with Windows, you can use Parallels or another Windows emulator for your Mac to use Ziphone.

12. engles macrumors regular

well i dont have windows in any form so I guess i just have to wait... thanks though.

13. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

I downloading the 1.1.4 FW now, wish me luck!

14. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

Luck

15. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

itt.... ittt. worked.... im speachless.
    Okay whenever i try to add a source in the installer my ipod freezes, how can i fix this? t still lets my insall things like boss tools and SSH but its getting annoying.