jailbreak 2.0 please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by skasol, Jul 24, 2008.

1. skasol macrumors 6502

I can't get the DFU mode, I have followed the instructions to the T, I have a MBP and I tried switching usb ports , restarting, tried manually inserting the custom firmware and no luck, itunes gives me an error code 6, and pwnage tool says that it couldn't enter DFU mode, please help thanks, also how do you get it out of DFU mode I am assuming it's when the ipod shows a usb cable pointing to itunes, so that I can try again on pwnage tool? instead of having to do it thru itunes, it takes way too long.

Thanks in advance.

2. Xavier macrumors 68020

When you do not see the Connect to iTunes, you know you are in DFU mode. It is a timed operation and took me a fair few tries to get it right.

Keep trying, you will get it.

(just keep pressing the buttons as you would a restore but you need to stop pressing the power button after a certain amount of time)

3. skasol thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you, how do I get it out of restore? so that I can try to get DFU again?

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

first of all before running pwnage tool the key is to NOT have the ipod plugged in, eventually it will ask you to plug in the ipod THEN you start the DFU mode process

to get into dfu do as follows

plug into pc/mac, if you have the itunes logo on the touch's display then hold the home and sleep buttons till the touch turns off and let go.

now get ready to count to 10, hold the home and sleep buttons again for 10 seconds, when you get to 10 let go of the sleep button only (top button) and count a further 10 seconds iTunes will say its detected ipod in recovery mode.