Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TtOrMaMnY

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
how long does it take for a mac version to come out?

I am not too sure.. Honestly.. MAC is usually out first. i guess the tables have turned. I would say MAC's version should be out shortly. maybe later today or tomorrow i would say.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
I am not too sure.. Honestly.. MAC is usually out first. i guess the tables have turned. I would say MAC's version should be out shortly. maybe later today or tomorrow i would say.

Mac, not MAC.

And sweet! Is there a way to enable emoji through jailbreaking since the legit way doesn't work anymore?

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
How come when I updated to 2.2.1 it didn't do a fresh install? All of my 8+ gigs of music was still on it.

It took about 4-5 minutes for it to update, and it usually takes about 15 minutes for only the music to sync.

I'm restoring now, so then I can Jailbreak. :)

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Oh crap. I forgot about all of my Cracked apps I got from the Appshare/Installous thing. Will that *Hopefully* be backed up in the back-up that I did before I restored. I didn't check the "Move apps to iTunes" box so it didn't sync it to iTunes.

j3yq

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
Iowa
Oh crap. I forgot about all of my Cracked apps I got from the Appshare/Installous thing. Will that *Hopefully* be backed up in the back-up that I did before I restored. I didn't check the "Move apps to iTunes" box so it didn't sync it to iTunes.
Let me know how that goes

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008

God forbid you lose all the apps you've stolen.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
What do you use to SSH to 2.2.1?

My iPhone Tunnel Suite isn't working anymore. It normally does this after every update (iPhone), until a update comes around for the Suite.

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
Yeah, it's straight from Apple. Because, as we all know, jailbreaking is officially supported.

HA HA HA ..... They probably have one of those videos with that Mr. Roger's like smoothing talking guy walking you through the steps. I always felt violated watching those "iPhone tour videos"
:eek:

RandomAlec

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2009
Miami, FL
Can someone direct me to a link or some simple directions of how to back up my themes, icon positions, JB hacks, etc. before updating?

Thanks.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Can someone direct me to a link or some simple directions of how to back up my themes, icon positions, JB hacks, etc. before updating?

Thanks.
I believe there is a Cydia app called AppBackup or something like that. All I really know is that there is an app in Cydia that will backup your JB apps/settings. I haven't used it though so I couldn't tell you what to do.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
I believe there is a Cydia app called AppBackup or something like that. All I really know is that there is an app in Cydia that will backup your JB apps/settings. I haven't used it though so I couldn't tell you what to do.

AptBackup. It will backup a list of your apps, but not the apps themselves. I have used it and it worked like a charm. :) You do lose all settings/scores/etc from the aps as being just a list, when you restore it downloads the packages again for you. Not a true backup per se, but pretty decent all considering.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK

Where is this box that you should tick? Is it in iTunes, if so where abouts. Not noticed it before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.