Jailbreak 2.2/2.2 Quickpwn?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KidneyMerchant, Nov 26, 2008.

1. KidneyMerchant macrumors member

I've got a jailbroken 2.02 because that's the highest firmware on my WinPwn program. Did they release a new version? How is it people have jailbroken 2.1 and even 2.2? Can I upgrade without losing any information? I've got Windows and iTunes 7.7.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Well first off if you don't care about an future 3G unlock you should go to here and download and run quickpwn after upgrading to 2.2. If you do care about the future unlock, then you should find a friend with a mac and use pwnage tool.

There is no new version of winpwn currently. And also you will lose everything. So you should make a note of all of the stuff you have downloaded.

3. KidneyMerchant thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to mention I don't have a 3g. Should I directly run Pwn or should I restore first?

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Then do this: upgrade to 2.2 in iTunes and then run quickpwn, and it should all run perfectly. *We hope*

5. KidneyMerchant thread starter macrumors member

I upgraded sucessfully, probably something I wouldn't have done if it weren't for you. Thanks for the help!

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Your welcome! If you have any further questions feel free to PM me!