Jailbreak 3g 8gig Possible?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nikkos, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Nikkos macrumors newbie

I was wondering because the 8gig 3rd gen touch uses the same hardware as the 2nd does that mean it could be jail broken? using 2nd gen methods

2. lyons238 macrumors 6502

its not the hardware that affects it, its the software. i havent seen anything to jailbreak the 3rd gen yet, im sure its possible but its just a matter of time.

3. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Technically, it's just a 2nd generation iPod Touch on 3.x firmware. So yes, you can. Search around on the forum, or look in iPod touch hacks, for the downgrading process of your iPod Touch. Wish it would work for my iPod Touch... :'( :apple:

4. lyons238 macrumors 6502

well like i said before it doesnt have to do with the hardware...just the software. u can jailbreak the new 3g if you downgrade to the old software. supposedly the jailbreak for the newest software is supposed to be in the making, or so i read.

5. metalhead777 macrumors regular

Yeah, but I've heard so much crap about the jailbreak that they're not releasing one. They're waiting for 3.2 or 4.0 which sucks. :( :apple:

6. lyons238 macrumors 6502

well iv read that there is already a beta out, its just not ready (still buggy). so im pretty sure there will be one fairly soon. i dont see why they would wait till 3.2 or 4.0 that will most likely at least be another year.