Jailbreak 3gs 4.0 help... Still Possible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by understando, Oct 1, 2010.

1. understando macrumors member

Ok, So Im helping out a friend who has seen the Jailbreak on my I4 and wants it done on hers.

She has a 3gs currently running 4.0. I know that Jailbreakme.com will work for this, but have a question. She has never installed tiny umbrella so we are getting that now. Is it still possible to jailbreak even through she hasnt saved the shsh blogs from her phone? I think that I read somewhere that it was but wanted to make sure before we ran jailbreakme.com and screwed something up.

Thanks for your help!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You can Jailbreake no problem, however if something goes wrong and you need to restore, you can only restore to the current firmware 4.1 and lose the Jailbreake until 4.1 is jailbroken.

No having the SHSH saved only mean that you cannot install any firmware other than the current one on itunes (at this time is 4.1)

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You do not need SHSH blobs to jailbreak your phone. You will have no problem with Jailbreakme.com. SHSH Blobs are needed to restore to firmware version that apple is no longer signing. At the present time they are only signing version 4.1 hence you cannot restore to 4 or 4.0.1 if you wanted too but since you are already on 4 no problem with jailbreak.

4. understando thread starter macrumors member