Jailbreak 3gs?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Turbohog, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Turbohog macrumors member

I just got my iPhone today and I had found a great guide on jailbreaking the iPhone 3gs, but I can't find it anymore. I found another, but it said you couldn't let the iPhone die! Is there a jailbreak out yet where it doesn't matter if it dies? Could someone link me to a guide if there is? Thanks and merry Christmas! (I'm running Windows 7)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

I think my friend has a 3GS with the latest bootloader....any idea when a full non tethered jailbreak is coming out?

4. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

My serials's 4th and 5th digits are 48...So I guess I'm screwed for now.... :/
    I wish I would've known about this. I really REALLY hope someone comes out with an nontethered jailbreak for the new boot...If I do the tether jailbreak, if I turn my phone off, will I not be able to turn it back on?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Noone knows untill one is out.
    If you do shut it off you'll need to plug it on a computer and run blackrain to have it restart.

6. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

My guess is: when Geohot buys a phone with the new version of iBoot. ChronicDev keeps hinting at a release, but it seems like vaporware to me.