Jailbreak 4.2.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by navigates, Nov 28, 2011.

1. navigates macrumors 6502a

Can I jailbreak 4 with 4.2.1 without blobs? I don't want to mess up that's why asking. I have messed up phones in the past when I could do a job easily.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

YOu don't need SHSHs blobs to Jailbreak those are needed to go to a firmware version that Apple is not longer signing, if you are already on 4.2.1 you can Jailbreak using Redsn0w, or Greenpois0n, or Pwnage tool.

Now if you updated to something else above 4.2.1 and you don't have the BLobs then you can't downgrade and you are stuck with whatever options is available for your current firmware

3. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

How can I jailbreak 4.2.1 on pawnage. I believe pawnage reinserts the firmware requiring blobs right? I might be wrong.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

your wrong you are thinking of Ifaith that works only for current ios. in your case 4.2.1 Ifaith does not work all the time.. there are tutorials for everything on Iclarified and tons of video's on youtube as well. btw Pwnage is more about preserving baseband for unlocks. but unless you have 1.59 I wouldn't worry much about that.

5. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

go to iClarified website and use jailbreak wizard.

My friend recently jailbroke untethered successfully on greenp0ison 4.2.1 so you could go with that or use redsn0w which also has worked to jailbreak iOS5 for me.

Not sure about pwnage tool, stick with greenp0ison or redsn0w.

6. navigates thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you all so much. For me greenpois0n didn't work but redsn0w worked perfect. This is a great place.. Thanks again