Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beatbeckham

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
Norway
Hi guys.
I'm going to jailbreak my current 4.2.1 with the last update; 4.3.3... But before that I need to make some thing clear... If I use Pkg Backup and SBOrganizer, will the layout, cydia packages AND sources come back??

And.. Can anyone please give me a Compability list for 4.3.3 jailbreak.. I'm sure many others are looking for the same..

Thanks in advance!

strosz

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Hey, I just made the jump from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and might as well share the experience. It was very smooth, and didn't involve all that much work. I used xBackup to save my Cydia packages, sources and reps.

Remember that your phone will be wiped of all apps, but the settings/saves for the apps will remain when you reinstall them later. Also remember to do a backup of the phone before you make the jump. And yes, your layout will be pretty much the same after you've updated and restored settings from the previous backup. A few minor things might need re-arranging though.

Everything on 4.3.3 has worked flawlessly so far, including these Cydia apps;

- CyDelete
- FakeClockUp
- FullScreen for Safari
- Grooveshark
- iFile
- LockInfo
- Safari Download Manager
- SBSettings
- Scrobbl
- Snaptap
- SpringFlash
- Springtomize
- SwitcherMod

In terms of speed it's more or less identical to 4.1, except for a tad faster browser due to the new javascript engine. I lost 1% battery in 12 hours standby (from 100% to 99%), so battery time seems to be spot on too.

strosz

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
I dont understand this, iam losing around 8% each night and thats over 7/8 hours. :(

At first my phone seemed to drain some battery too, but I disabled Ping (by going into settings>general>restrictions>Ping), turned off all automatic processes, did a hard reset (by holding power-home button 10 secs) and charged it to 100% a couple of times.

After those steps I got some really solid battery life out of it.

Edit: You can also try to reset the network settings. It seems to go through some process bar, and perhaps flushes away some of the old misconfigured junk.

Last edited:

DBlockAllDay

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
does app switcher brightness working for you guys? It doesn't for me. Anyone know any tweaks that work to switch brightness in the multitasking bar?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
4.3.3 is a very minor update mainly the tracking bug and 10X better battery life of course. :rolleyes: anything 4.3.2 compatible should be fine. I really wish apple would allow us to download a patch rather then a full update every time they update it.

DBlockAllDay

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
in that case something is wrong with my phone any suggestions? It worked for me on 4.1 and I tweeted the developer and he said its working on 4.3.1 but not on mine. All of the other tweaks work tho.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Hi guys.
I'm going to jailbreak my current 4.2.1 with the last update; 4.3.3... But before that I need to make some thing clear... If I use Pkg Backup and SBOrganizer, will the layout, cydia packages AND sources come back??

And.. Can anyone please give me a Compability list for 4.3.3 jailbreak.. I'm sure many others are looking for the same..

Thanks in advance!

only thing that doesnt work - at least for me - is lock rotation - via sbs

i miss that :(

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
At first my phone seemed to drain some battery too, but I disabled Ping (by going into settings>general>restrictions>Ping), turned off all automatic processes, did a hard reset (by holding power-home button 10 secs) and charged it to 100% a couple of times.

After those steps I got some really solid battery life out of it.

Edit: You can also try to reset the network settings. It seems to go through some process bar, and perhaps flushes away some of the old misconfigured junk.

Interesting thanks man, been on in the iPhone game for ages now and I dont think ive ever heard about the above. :eek:

All of my restrictions are off atm, ive never noticed this option tbh. What does it do?

Do I need to do anything before I reset network connections?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.