Jailbreak 4.3.4

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by gngan, Jul 15, 2011.

1. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

i was reading redmond pie and came across this.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ipad-4.3.4-using-pwnagetool-bundle-how-to-tutorial/

What does difference between the ipad2 Wifi and ipad wifi+3G? I thought as long as you have the blob saved then you can restore to that firmware.

"if you have updated your iPad 2 to iOS 4.3.4 by mistake then you’ve lost your jailbreak for good, if you have a 3G iPad 2 that is. Unless you have a Wi-Fi only iPad 2 and have saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, then you can smoothly downgrade and jailbreak using JailbreakMe 3.0 on iOS 4.3.3"

2. tt335 macrumors newbie

The 3G version has a baseband firmware as well, and once you've updated to the latest firmware, that baseband stays, no matter what. So everytime you try to restore by using tinyumbrella, it'll give u an error and you can't kick out of recovery mode, for now. I think a fix is in the works according to musclenerd.

3. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

Right. That make sense. I thought you can just use tools to kick it out of recovery mode just like iPhone. So i assume there aren't tool out there tinyumbrella and iREB doesn't support ipad yet?

4. tt335 macrumors newbie

Not for the 3G version, everything else is okay, just the 3G version of the ipad 2 is not. The ipad 1 3G is okay as well because it's susceptible to the limera1n bootroom exploit.

5. scottphillips88 macrumors member

Sounds like the TU guys are taking a break. I wouldn't expect a fix soon. Just don't update. Period.

6. hecticsix macrumors member

hi,

i'm using 64 3G ipad2, on 4.3.3 Jailbroken with JBme

I've my SHSH saved in Cydia (shown "SHSH; IOS 4.3.3") but not in tinyumbrella. (any good links for tinyumbrella for ipad2?thks)

I also read that PKGbackup does save SHSH how does that work? i have purchase PKGbackup before for my iphone4 and havn't got around to using it on my ipad2. If i use it i'm safe even without a backup in TinyUmbrella?

any advice? thks! :)

7. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

As mentioned, even if you have SHSH saved; it won't be useful at the moment. We will need to wait a tool that solves the recovery mode issue.

I used iSHSH in cydia to save and e-mail SHSH.

I don't think PKGbackup saves SHSH.

8. rucksuck macrumors newbie

Hi people of MacRumors, here's a user in trouble.

I'm using an iPad 2 WiFi+3G, and YESTARDAY (before I knew Apple was going to release 4.3.4) I installed a recent tweak in Cydia "iUsers". Please, keep away from this!
    Now I need to restore my device but there's no way I can do that without restoring to 4.3.4 with a clean restore from Apple.
    I've tried entering DFU and selecting 4.3.3 .ipsw file but there is no way. I always get error 1013. Tried with Cydia and Apple hosts, as Apple continues signing certificates for some hours after releasing new firmwares.
    But no way....

Any idea??

Thank you and greetings from Spain.

9. zaxdude macrumors regular

Typically the 1013 error is related to the host file entries. Its not a guaranteed solution, but you should check your hosts file - usually located (if you are on windows) at:

Windows/System32/drivers/etc

If there is a "gs.apple.com" entry there you will either need to delete the entry or comment it out. If you are on a Mac the same solution could apply. Can't be of much help there tho.

10. hecticsix macrumors member

This for the reply! Went to checkout the ishsh program in Cydia. Is it call "iSHSHit"? How does it work? Just install and it just saves n email your SHSH to you? Thks?

Anyone else used this program before mind sharing experience wt it? Thks :)

11. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

Yes it's call iSHSHit.

Why don't you try it out? It's not like it will brick you ipad/iphone. At least it didn't brick my ipad and iphone.

12. rucksuck macrumors newbie

Yes it was a problem of host file and I knew it. But I supposed that TinyUmbrella could manage that change of entries automatically when you change options, but it didn't... So back to manually editing host file solved the problem.

Thanks!!

BTW, does anyone know about a "red arrow" that appears everytime a folder closes/opens?? It appears in the same place where the original arrow is, between the opened folder and the folder icon, but only during opening/closing. I can only see this after jailbreaking.