Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROADDOG01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Do you think they will come out with a jailbreak untethered for 4.3.4

Thanks
John

Last edited:

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
They won't. The next planned untethered jailbreak is for 5.0. The only iDevice that is untethered on 4.3.4 is the old bootrom 3Gs.

ROADDOG01

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
They won't. The next planned untethered jailbreak is for 5.0. The only iDevice that is untethered on 4.3.4 is the old bootrom 3Gs.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply. I had to restore because I got to bring phone to apple to check out why my home button is not always working and when I did the restore I was forced to get the 4.3.4 unless I did something wrong on my end. to not have the 4.3.4 oh well to late now. If I get a refurb maybe it will have 4.3.3 unless they are updated already to 4.3.4

Thanks again for the reply.

John

Krandor

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
They won't. The next planned untethered jailbreak is for 5.0. The only iDevice that is untethered on 4.3.4 is the old bootrom 3Gs.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply. I had to restore because I got to bring phone to apple to check out why my home button is not always working and when I did the restore I was forced to get the 4.3.4 unless I did something wrong on my end. to not have the 4.3.4 oh well to late now. If I get a refurb maybe it will have 4.3.3 unless they are updated already to 4.3.4

I am pretty sure Apple is not signing 4.3.3 anymore so you would need saved SHSH to go to anything other then 4.3.4 but since you are going to be getting a new phone your old saved SHSHs wouldn't work anyway. So not much you can do except hope your refurb has 4.3.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.