Jailbreak 5.1.1 photos gone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by surfologist87, May 28, 2012.

1. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

iphone 4
    updated to 5.1.1 from 5.x and then jailbroke with Absinthe 2.0.2

All of my photos and videos are gone, and when i open in itunes, the bar on the bottom showing my storage shows about 9 GB in "Other" which is about how much i had in photos/videos.

I researched and havent found much. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance. I would really like to get my many photos back.

2. rogerbarrett macrumors regular

i don't think so that you will get data back after jailbreak.

3. Twinkkky, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

Twinkkky macrumors newbie

i have the same issue. I found out that camera roll photos are still stored in Var/mobile/media/dcim but the Photos app does not "see" it. I guess that thumbails ussed by app are missing, but I have no idea where they are (or should be) stored, or how to fix it. Any ideas?

edit: but if you want the photos, you can copy content of the dcim directory to your mac or pc, make an iPhoto album like "Camera roll 2" or something and sync it via itunes as usual :)

4. surfologist87 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good idea on that last part.

But I thankfully got my photos back somehow. I believe it was when i right clicked my phone, and did "restore from backup" for the second time.

Did you get yours back to normal?

5. Twinkkky, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

Twinkkky macrumors newbie

I tried restore from backup, but i have just iCloud backup and I cant find way to restore it, without losing jailbreak... I plan to do it the way I've written before, but I've about 5GB of photos and I can't find out, how to transfer it to my mac.. SSH is too slow and iExplorer can't access the directory.. Any ideas?

Edit: finally iExplorer CAN see the directory :) my photos are back.. but my itunes still shows 1GB of "other" files... maybe it is my sinced photos (they disaperared too), do you know where they are stored?

6. kylebattle macrumors newbie

Im having the same problem! i did find a program that made it easy to get my photos back but there needs to be a way to fix this.

7. qualker12 macrumors newbie

I am having same issue as you guys after recent jailbreak. Lost all photos/videos and now have 6GB of other space on the phone. I used iExplorer to copy DCIM folder to desktop on mac, but only transferred the 63MB worth of pics/vids I have taken since the jailbreak. Has anyone come up with another fix in the last few weeks, or another other ideas how to free up that 6GB of mystery space?

Thanks

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Just connect usb and use ifunbox to get into phone and find your pics and copy them directly out if the folder