Jailbreak A12 devices

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yui4, Mar 16, 2019.

  1. yui4 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 26, 2011
    #1
    Any benefit to jailbreaking my XS Max now or better to wait for cydia support?
     
  2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #2
    Better wait, still some bugs as well, probably Pwn will update Unc0ver with latest exploit as well
     
  3. bigjnyc macrumors 603

    bigjnyc

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2008
    #3
    I would run the jailbreak just to make sure you don't run in to any issues and are able to jailbreak properly..... That way when the updated version with Cydia is released you have worked out any kinks and can JB right away.

    That's what I did with my Max, I jailbroke with B46 just to make sure everything was ok and I was doing it properly. There's no downside since the substrate hasn't been updated no apps will recognize you as jailbroken and you can't make any changes to your phones filesystem yet.
     
  4. memo90061 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2008
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #4
    So what can be done with this? I'm still unsure.
     
  5. Pangu103 macrumors member

    Pangu103

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2017
    #5
    Yes, according to Pwn, you can disable updates and install Filza on iPhone XS Max. So I would say go ahead and jailbreak your iPhone XS Max.
     
  6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #6
    Not much use at the moment as most tweaks depend on substrate and Cydia is not released yet, some tweaks can be manually installed, but why run the risk if of messing it up without a good way to remove it again.

    Better to wait
     
  7. Solver macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
    Location:
    USA
    #7
    At this stage, with A12 devices, it is mostly a developer and hacker tool.
     
  8. adonis3k macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    #8
    Could be no JB at all going by Saurik's latest tweets!
     
  9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #9
    There will be, probably with an amended substitute instead of substrate.
     
  10. bigjnyc macrumors 603

    bigjnyc

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2008
    #10
    This wouldn't be the first time that Saurik goes on a long rant to vent.... he has always proceeded to come through in the past after getting it off his chest... We shall see if it happens again.

    I am personally going to wait until iOS 13 Beta in June, if no A12 Jailbreak by then I am out and I'm updating.
     
  11. adonis3k macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    #11
    Luckily I still have my X on JB 11.3 and an XS which I am waiting for JB but will see what happens....
     
  12. Banglazed macrumors demi-god

    Banglazed

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2017
    Location:
    Cupertino, CA
    #12

Share This Page

11 March 16, 2019