Jailbreak advice before selling iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by r6girl, Jan 14, 2012.

1. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I upgraded to the iPhone 4S and am getting ready to sell my iPhone 4, which is currently jailbroken and unlocked on iOS 4.3.2 and the 1.59.00 baseband.

I know there's an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 out now and as I understand it, it would be possible to update to iOS 5.0.1 and preserve the existing 1.59.00 baseband and jailbreak and unlock it (using Ultrasn0w).

What do you think will be the most attractive to potential buyers? I definitely want to keep it unlocked with the 1.59.00 baseband to appeal to T-Mobile users (I plan to try to sell it locally through Craigslist first). Should I keep it at 4.3.2? Or upgrade to 5.0.1 and do the untethered jailbreak? Or go to an iOS in between (like 4.3.5)? Cydia shows me that my SHSH blobs are saved for all of them.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

ask the buyer what they wan you to do.. That's what I did just don't give a ton of options that will confuse the buyer.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I would sell the phone as is. I sold my iPhone 4 on the 1.59.00 baseband and the seller asked me to upgrade the phone while preserving the baseband. Somewhere in the upgrade process the baseband ended up getting upgraded and I had to sell my phone to someone else for less. I'm not a novice to this but mistakes can happen.

I would let potential buyers know the phone can be upgraded to iOS 5 (or any other iOS version since you have the blobs) while keeping the unlockable baseband, and let them do it if they want.