Jailbreak affecting apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by phillipsteak, Oct 4, 2010.

1. phillipsteak macrumors member

Some of my games, that were purchased through the app store, seem to never be able to launch (ala Bit.Trip Beat, Peggle) They always load up the title screen then crash. I'm using a jailbroken iPhone 4. Is there a reason why they crahs?

2. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

Last year I installed "Low Grav Racer" on my JB 3G & for some reason it just would not load completely.

I even spent a few days emailing back & forth with the developers of Low Grav & they were stumped. It seems I was the only person that was having this problem.

It was suggested that there could be a conflict between apps that was the cause, so I started deleting apps that I wasn't using, which were quite a few actually.

I never knew which app or apps were the problem since I deleted apps in a group rather than 1 at a time.
    But afterward, the app in question did start up properly & ran just fine.

So I would have to say that yes, there could be a conflict causing your new app to not load.

3. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

The latest version of plants vs zombies wouldn't boot until I removed the custom icon that was applied with winterboard

4. Set845 macrumors regular

Yup. Same for me. Plants vs Zombies won't load for me unless I turn off Winterboard themes that involve icons. I can theme the lockscreen and run the game.

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I'm still able to use icon themes, I jut removed the custom icon for PvZ from the .theme folder

6. elmaynardo macrumors newbie

Looks like winterboard theming is affecting all Popcap games (Bejeweled, Peggle, PvZ. Disabled icon theming for those 3 and they stopped crashing at the loading screen. Weird. Running an iPhone 4, all games were legitimately purchased.