Jailbreak after official o2 unlock???

otekki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Hi, i had a jailbroken 3gs and applied to have my iphone unlocked by o2, they txt me a few days later saying they couldnt unlock my iphone, i un jailbroke it and applied again and its now unlocked!

The question - can i now re jailbreak it using pwnage tool and keep o2's unlock?

MAJE5T1C

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2009
Yes its fine i have the same phone unlocked by apple and now jailbroken wit hno problems phone works just the same

Comment

giosuesugar

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2010
No problems, I have a jailbroken 3GS and unlocked fine and my friend unlocked his jailbroken 3G with no problems.

Thanks 02 :D

Hi there,

I have a jailbroken 3G on 3.1.3....and I am locked out of the new baseband 5.12.01. Will the official o2 unlock work when my iphone has already been jailbroken?

Comment

andybno1

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Anyone know of any problems doing this unlock on a jailbroken iPhone 3G?
worked fine on my iPhone 3G I just removed blacksn0w unlock and sync'd and got the unlock message whilst still jailbroken

Hi there,

I have a jailbroken 3G on 3.1.3....and I am locked out of the new baseband 5.12.01. Will the official o2 unlock work when my iphone has already been jailbroken?
the O2 unlock is not baseband specific it will unlock your phone regardless

Comment

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
No, you have a phone unlocked by your carrier using Apple's servers
I always wonder why can't the dev/hackers find out how carrier unlock iPhone (ie. forever) that was once locked to specific carrier. I mean, if Apple/carrier is able to do it with a software update then it must mean that there's some sort of way to do it.

Not that i care much about it because i have an officially unlock iPhone. Just wondering.

Comment

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I always wonder why can't the dev/hackers find out how carrier unlock iPhone (ie. forever) that was once locked to specific carrier. I mean, if Apple/carrier is able to do it with a software update then it must mean that there's some sort of way to do it.

Not that i care much about it because i have an officially unlock iPhone. Just wondering.
I wish it was that simple.:D
It is done on the Apples servers side not on the phone.

Comment