Jailbreak an 4th or just get the 5th??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tokyo1138, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Tokyo1138 macrumors member

Its just like the title said. I already have the 4th version of the itouch (8gb) which is great and all as a little pocket computer dont get wrong but being her at these forums a month or two there a thing or two i noticed. That since the last officall ios update for a 4th gen ipod it turns out lagging a bit and seen a couple of you guys here with the same problem. Plus here's the thing its not like the ipod is broken yet, but will an jailbreak update make it run smoother? What is your guy experiances with it? Or am i better pf getting the 5th? Love to hear your guys experiances and opinions...
    Many thanks, roy

2. 617aircav Suspended

I very doubt if a jailbreak will make it run smoother. Just get the 5 32gb.

3. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

I would suggest that you would wait for the iPhone 5S / iPhone 6 release, and see if Apple would release a new iPod Touch then.

If Apple releases a new iPod Touch, then buy it. Trust me, jailbreaking *rarely* ever makes your iPod Touch faster, but rather, it makes it slower.

Purchase the "newer" iPod Touch if it will come out, otherwise go for the 5th generation iPod Touch.

P.S. -- here's a video of the 3rd generation vs 5th generation in speed, not very helpful though. :/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LboxS7sEyY

Hope this helps.

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

It could run smoother with some tweaks like iCleaner but with others line winterboard it will run slower.