Jailbreak app to communicate with Eye-fi?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OCDMacGeek, Mar 24, 2010.

1. OCDMacGeek macrumors 6502a

OCDMacGeek

Hello,

I am interested in the Eye-Fi, which is a wi-fi equipped SD card. It basically allows you to transfer images over wi-fi directly from the SD card. While I am on vacation next month, it would be great to be able to connect to my iPhone to backup photos. (I won't be bringing a laptop.)

When I asked about connectivity, I was told: "The iPhone and iPad don't deploy a network, so the Eye-Fi card cannot connect to them to directly transfer photos."

Bt what about third party jailbreak tools that allow the iPhone to broadcast as a hotspot? Is there anything out there that (deliberately or inadvertently) will communicate with the Eye-Fi?

Thanks.

2. Shorttimers macrumors newbie

Using SL Server as workstation

I'm afraid I'm of no use to you with that. I'm hoping you can help me out.

A while back you had talked about running SL Server and using the same computer as your primary workstation. I'm wondering if you would share how that worked out for you?

Did your machine start smoking and burst into flames before it started coughing up blood like all the doomsday naysayers claimed it would?

What programs were you running on the machine?

I talked to someone else who had done it and he said he didn't have any of the trouble predicted by the fear-mongers.

I'm looking forward to hearing your experience.

Keywords: client server workstation computer SL Server

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

MyFi would by my guess. It creates a wifi hotspot out of your phone.

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Yup, that one should work for you. I don't have MyFi but I do have an Eye-Fi. And totally irrelevant but just to make things more confusing... I also have an EyeTV. :p

Anyway, that's a good idea actually! I may do that if/when I get the EVO 4G.

On an Eye-Fi related note, have you ever gotten the notification emails to work for you? Like when you start and finish uploading photos?