Jailbreak app to spoof for full Internet?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The Californian, Oct 20, 2010.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Anyone know of a package in Cydia that will allow me to spoof websites into thinking in actually browsing from my computer instead of mobile safari? Thanks.

2. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

user agent faker.

or get a better web browser with user agent spoofing built in, like atomic web browser ($1 in the app store)

3. aldo818 macrumors regular

i downloaded user agent faker but it didn t work installed and delated it several times.

jailbroke my iphone with limearain i m having 4.1 on it

can you please tell me which exact app is working with os 4.1 and how to make it run or config it thank you.

Before anyone one asks yes i googled but only old answers showed up with os.3.... and some at the end said doesn t work with os4.... but these where also old posts

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Much simpler to buy the Atomic Web browser. It can look like;

Safari Desktop
    Firefox 3
    IE 6, 7, 8

The hoops people will jump through to save $1.99. :confused:

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

That cydia app works, you probably just never went into settings to set it up. I just used it perfectly.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

OP, even if you get User Agent Faker, install Atomic Web Browser. It’s the closest to a “real” internet browser. Mobile Safari is just too stripped down by Apple and for no good reason.

7. aldo818 macrumors regular

bbplayer how do i go into settings? I can turn it on and off but can t get into the settings.

8. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Go to your phones general preferences, then to User Agent Faker. Select a user agent (I picked Safari 5). Then go to Applications and pick Safari as the app you want to spoof.

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Go into settings and it's one of the options there. Then not only do you have to turn it on and choose the browser to spoof, but you have to turn on which apps you want to spoof it in.

10. aldo818 macrumors regular

Thank you

Did all mentioned you guys said now it loads and i get a blank page noting onis this cause i m in 3g or do i need a restart?

11. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Im not trying to be mean, but if you dont know where settings are for some jailbroken apps, maybe you shouldnt jailbreak :\

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

UAFaker is what you are looking for if you want to use safari.
    Other web browsers in the app store can do it too.

What?

13. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Some of us are just learning - Sorry.