Jailbreak appl vs. Apple appl

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Mr. Eko, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Mr. Eko macrumors member

I know there are hundreds of more applications when you jailbreak your touch, but what about the apple applications? Are the jailbreak applications identical to the Apple applications (weather, notes, mail, maps, stocks) and the upcoming ones? I really like the layout of the apple applications I was just wondering if the Jailbreak applications looked and performed the same?

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

You can illegally install some of the iPhone applications through jailbreaking.

More Apple applications could be on the way.

3. Mr. Eko thread starter macrumors member

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

when you jailbreak your ipod to 1.1.3 there is a source you can add to the installer to unlock the full ipod touch 1.1.3 upgrade and not some of the iphone apps as stated 2 posts up.

the unlock gives you all the ipod apps (maps, weather, mail, stocks, notes), wiggly icons which you can move about, "web clips" which are just bookmarks on your home screen and I believe apple added an allowance of upto 4 pages for the springboard (correct me if I'm wrong on that number).

5. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

From what I believe I heard in the keynote, Apple has alloted for up to nine pages in the springboard thus far.

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

thanks for the clear up I wasn't sure of the exact number