Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yngdiego

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Given that Apple stopped signing 3.0, I'm unclear if I bought a brand new ATT 3GS with 3.0.1 today that I can JB it? From my reading it seems that any restore attempt forces and ugprade to 3.1 with has no JB.

Are any new ATT 3GS customers SOL until a 3.1 JB comes out?

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
Given that Apple stopped signing 3.0, I'm unclear if I bought a brand new ATT 3GS with 3.0.1 today that I can JB it? From my reading it seems that any restore attempt forces and ugprade to 3.1 with has no JB.

You should still be able to jailbreak it with redsnow i think.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

Redsn0w 0.8 will JB 3.0.1 for 3GS but many posters seem to have trouble using it while others report success.

Operator errors ? I don't know ?

A big mistake many make when JB 3.0.1 with redsn0w:

You point redsn0w at the 3.0 IPSW not the 3.0.1 IPSW.

yngdiego

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Ok, I was unclear with the new Apple non-signing policy if that in any way affected a 3GS 3.0.1 phone which hasn't been activated. I did download the 3.0 firmware package and verified that Redsn0w recognized the package. Now I have to decide if I want to go buy the phone and try to JB the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.