Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simplellama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Texas
I have an iPhone 4 running 4.01 or 4.0.1, and jailbroke using Jailbreakme.com . Ever since then, YouTube links don't work - they look like this;
2dr8bq

I installed very few JB apps - winterboard, quickreply, myWi, SBSettigs, G Voice (not working) and that's about it.

In other words, nothing that seems like it would break Safari YouTube links.

Any ideas short of restoring and starting all over again?

homrb

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
Dallas, TX
if youre talking about the web based version then the same thing happened to me i think. Instead of going to the new iphone version, it goes to the crappy mobile version and the videos dont work either. I have had my iphone 4 JB'd for about 2 weeks but this only just recently started happening.

simplellama

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Texas
if youre talking about the web based version then the same thing happened to me i think. Instead of going to the new iphone version, it goes to the crappy mobile version and the videos dont work either. I have had my iphone 4 JB'd for about 2 weeks but this only just recently started happening.

Sounds like something different. With me, the videos have a line through then, cant press play or anything. Ident watch any YT videos in Safari at all.

Jordanna

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
I'm surprised you were able to jailbreak your iPhone 4 at all. I thought Apple was redesigning the iPhone 4 so consumers wouldn't be able to tamper with the firmware.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
simplellama: Not to bring up a dead thread, but I found this while trying to fix the same issue on my phone.
Then it hit me; I had Youtube.app disabled in the phone restrictions. It seems that some sites redirect to the Youtube app and will show up as unplayable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.