iPhone Jailbreak broke Siri?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by plaxico44, Feb 4, 2013.

1. plaxico44 macrumors regular

plaxico44

Is Siri broken for anyone else? I can say "text mike" and it will bring up the contact. Siri says "what do you want to say to mike" and then I don't get the chime to speak and the Siri wheel just spins and the phone will not respond to anything and I have to reboot

2. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

3. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

All is working here. How is your network connectivity?

4. plaxico44 thread starter macrumors regular

plaxico44

24 up 12 down :(

----------

Fixed it! Assistant extensions was the culprit :eek:. No idea how I downloaded it though.

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Probably just needs to be updated for iOS 6 support. Thanks for trying this out, now I don't need to go through the frustration ;)

6. shacky macrumors regular

shacky

It broke Siri on my iPhone 5 also. I am looking for a solution and will soon probably do a restore. I don't mind the weather app crashing temporarily, but Siri is a major function in ios (imho.)

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Many of the siri extensions are not working. Be sure you don't have any installed.

8. Eric374 macrumors 6502

Eric374

It appears to have broken mine, Siri won't open anything on my iP5, no extensions installed. I ask it to open Safari, and she tells me "i don't see an app named Safari"....

9. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Same problem here on the iPad 3, though she is able to do everything else (except open apps).

10. chrscap macrumors regular

evad3rs are working on a patch to fix weather, siri and app store. follow their individual tweets. Should be able to dl through cydia from what I read. There will be an update on the Jailbreak for the long boot.

@pod2g