Apple TV Jailbreak Bug - lose wifi settings on reboot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ikyo, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Ikyo macrumors 6502

Ikyo

I have talked to a couple of people and they both said the same thing. There is a bug with the new jailbreak that causes your wifi to lose the settings when it is rebooted. Mine loses it then or when it goes to extended sleep like over night. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

2. svega3 macrumors newbie

yeah, i lost my settings too after reboot. it never happened prior to jailbreaking.

3. Ikyo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ikyo

Seems like a lot of people are having the problem. I am going to see if I can attempt to isolate the problem.

4. Lola M macrumors member

5. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I'm having the same issue as well. Is anyone having just a blank black screen for about 30 seconds after the apple tv comes on? Before the jailbreak it came on and went straight to the menu screen. I restored to stock software and it went away. Then, I jb again and the black screen came back so it's jb related IMO. Anyone else??

6. bmaltais macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem too. Anyone know where the wifi setting should be stored to survive a reboot?

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Don't blame the jailbreak

I know is easy to blame the jailbreak for all issues since it is a modification of the original software, but as you can see on this thread (and other on apple forums and google in general) the issue is experienced by a lot of people NOT jail broken

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1032284

8. bmaltais macrumors newbie

I restored back to Apple iOS and all is clean. So it is for sure JB related.

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It is not, I got 3 and and the one with stock OS is having this issue. (one of the JBed is having it too, while the other one is fine)

10. Ikyo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ikyo

There are a few reports of the stock ones having the issue, but it appears that all of the JB'ed ones are having it. I know Musclenerd is looking into it.

11. bmaltais macrumors newbie

Have you tried restoring the iOS on the units that exhibit the issue? Maybe a clean OS install will fix it. What I know for sure is that my stock iOS work fine and the JB one does not.

12. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Lol restore twice, never jb that unit. Still with the issue, it is an apple issue.

14. Ikyo thread starter macrumors 6502

Ikyo

On the factory iOS units displaying the issue, the suggestion was to restore the factory iOS through iTunes then go into the general menu and do a restore. Do not do an upgrade. People said the restore corrected the issue.