iPhone Jailbreak Bugs for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NovemberWhiskey, Feb 4, 2013.

?

Are you having any problems after jailbreaking your iPhone 5?

1. No, everything is perfect.

55.7%
  2. Yes, I am having a performance slowdown

4.9%
  3. Yes, I am having a stability issue (resets, app crashing, respring)

34.4%
  4. Yes, other.

4.9%
  1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I thought a poll would be useful to see if anyone is having problems after the jailbreak for their iPhone 5 using the new Evasion jailbreak for iOS 6.1

Please vote if you jailbroke your phone.

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

no issues so far but i havent been able to install anything from cydia thus far either :(

3. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

The only app that I have successfully working so far is bitesms. Every other app I have downloaded is terrible so far and even my wifi connectivity has been wacking out since the jailbreak. The stock weather app crashes here too but I just use TWC instead.

4. JPChicago macrumors regular

im new to the JB scene so i only downloaded biteSMS which i've been hearing works flawlessly. I havent tried downloading anything else since. I guess im waiting til i know which threads work perfectly and those that dont. Plus one crash is my default weather app. It wont open at all. Nothing serious but its there.

5. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

That's perfect. This poll will be more controlled if we don't have third party apps to control for.

I'm mainly interested in problems with the jailbreak itself. Problems with third party apps should just be made a note of in comments.

I think the stock weather app crashing should still be considered a stability problem however, since it is a stock app.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Got most of what I need and everything is working fine with no crashes at all

7. Neebee macrumors 6502a

The only bug, but not for the 5 but iPod Touch 4G is that it slows it down dramatically. Just hit my settings via Apple's stock settings and there is a long delay. I won't be jailbreaking my iPhone 5 as a result.

8. sAm86 macrumors newbie

had to unjailbreak my iphone 5 today was working fine then all of a sudden got no service sign in left corner of phone and could not make any calls or text, putback to factory settings and works fine again so i think it was definitely the jailbreak that caused it. anybody else had this problem?

9. jer9542 macrumors member

I debated making a thread myself to ask if many people were having 0 issues with their jailbreak....everything for me has been absolutely perfect. Better than green p0sion tbh

10. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Everything seems fine, aside from Scrollingboard causing full folders to appear incorrectly on an iPhone 5. Likely due to the longer screen size.

11. jmantn, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

jmantn macrumors 6502

CDMA iPhone 5 No Service - Network Not Available

I had this issue using evasi0n on iPhone 5 with iOS 6.1 and found an old thread that suggested turning off data roaming and all of the other sub settings for cellular under General settings and sure enuf without even having to restart my service was back.

too bad I had uninstalled one by one half the tweaks I had installed but this fixed it for me.

Unfortunately I can't tell u which tweak or app or even the jailbreak process caused this all I can say is I was using my phone and it just powercycled for no reason and boom no service.

Hope this helps someone.

This is the link that helped me:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1311527

12. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

try and define a word, the dictionary begins to download but then never completes, thats one of many ive found.

13. bboyredcel macrumors member

Cant receive MMS messages on Straight Talk. I can send all day, cant receive 'em. Check my thread on the subject if you have the same issue.

14. vitog123 macrumors 6502

15. herdana macrumors newbie

No service error

Applied the jailbreak to iphone 5. "No service" error the next day. Restarting and other things did not help. Had to restore.

16. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

17. darricksailo, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013

darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

The jailbreak itself has been perfectly fine for me