Jailbreak coming soon

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by admyrick, Sep 19, 2010.

1. admyrick macrumors regular

admyrick

iH8sn0w on twitter said yesterday that the newest edition of Sn0breeze will be released very soon. DinoD7 has a video on Youtube with proof of the 4.1 jailbreak. Proof of 4.1 Jailbreak

The jailbreak will not be available for the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th Gen, or the iPad.

SHAtter should be available fairly soon. and from what I understand, sn0wbreeze will be updated to support the newest Apple products when SHAtter has become available.

2. benwizkid macrumors member

benwizkid

3. admyrick thread starter macrumors regular

admyrick

Unfortunately, with the Sn0wbreeze jailbreak you will not be able to jailbreak your iPod Touch. The SHAtter jailbreak should be released soon, and you will be able to jailbreak your iPod on 4.1 when it's released.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If this does not work on iPod touch, why did you post this in the touch hacks forum?

5. admyrick thread starter macrumors regular

admyrick

because it will jailbreak certain iPod Touches.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

So which touches will it work on? In your initial post, you said it doesn't work on 4th gen, then in response to a question asking if it works on 3rd gen, you simply said it doesn't work on iPod touch.

7. admyrick thread starter macrumors regular

admyrick

I apologize, I should have phrased my statement differently. I just reviewed my post and saw where the confusion is. The sn0breeze release will jailbreak the iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G MC model, iPhone 3GS with the older bootrom and the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd Generation with the newer bootrom ONLY if it's still on iOS 3.1.2.

Does that offer some clarification?

8. The General macrumors 601

Pretty worthless. Why even bother working on something that has requirements like that? I'll wait for the Dev Team's jailbreak,.

9. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Exactly, who's on the 3.1.2 these days anymore? We want jailbreak for 4.1 iPod touch 3g and 4g. And it would be great if it had an option to not include multitasking (because it drains battery badly) and implement battery percentage - just like redsnow JB can do.

10. titans1127 macrumors 6502a

It's gonna be for people who updated beyond 3.1.2 whether intentionally or not and have their SHSH on file to downgrade back to 3.1.2 to perform the jailbreak.

11. FX4568 macrumors 6502

iPod Touch 2G MC model? you mean the MB model?
    From what I recall 2nd gen never used MC unless I have been tricked for the last 2 years.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

There are, in fact, 2nd gen MC models, which were sold as the low-end iPod touch model alongside the 3rd gen. However, I do believe that it would be the MB models that can be jailbroken using this method, not the MC. The 2nd gen MC models have the same anti-jailbreak modifications as the 3rd gen, so in terms of jailbreaking, all MC models behave the same, whether they are 2nd or 3rd gen.