Jailbreak Crasehd, Restore via iTunes won't Work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sukhvail, Aug 9, 2011.

1. sukhvail macrumors newbie

I got my iphone replaced from apple today because of a camera issue. I was given a phone with fw 4.3.3 on it and i jailbroke it via jailbreakme.com. After using it for a couple of hours, all of a sudden a bunch of lines appeared over the screen and the iphone crashed and started showing the apple logo only.

I tried restoring the phone to 4.3.3 by shift clicking on the restore option and selecting the 4.3.3 firmware i downloaded from apple servers. After it didn't work, I tried putting the phone in DFU mode and trying again. This did not work either. My phone is now stuck in DFU mode and wont restore via iTunes.

I've received the following errors: 1016, 3409, 1600, 3004 by using a different combination of Tiny Umbrella and iReb to try and further the process. The most successful process I have so far is to run iReb, then run Tiny Umbrella, enable the TSS server, run iTunes, shift click restore and then edit the hosts file after the first verification to remove the gs.apple or whatever from the file. By doing this, i get up to the part where the bar on my phone gets to about 2/3 and iTunes says Verifying Firmware (or something similar, I can't remember at the moment). Any help/suggestions?

iPhone 4 btw, with iTunes 10.4. I've tried on two different computers.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

are you trying to put 4.3.3 back on the iphone? I'm guessing you don't have shsh blobs since you just got it from Apple and you go lucky and somebody saved them. but if not with out shsh blobs you can only go to the latest signed firmware 4.3.5 tethered.

3. sukhvail, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

sukhvail thread starter macrumors newbie

At this point, I don't care, I'm willing to update to save it from being a paper weight. 4.3.5 is almost done downloading, so I'll try that and come back with an update.

....AAAAAANDDDDDD ITS WORKING :D I'm on 4.3.5 now, but its better than where I was for the last 6 hours. Thanks labman, you put me out of my misery and saved me a few hours.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

glad I could help don't let yourself get frustrated! ;)