Jailbreak current version of iphone 3g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fenderbass146, Mar 16, 2009.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

Is it currently possible, assuming i have the newest verision of the iphone, and also can i use it as an ipod intill i get my sim card in.

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Your in luck.

Yes and yes. However if you are thinking about getting an iPhone 3G right now... DON'T! The new one is to be previewed tomorrow! (March 17) So I would just wait.

If you really want it now for some reason...
    Yes, the 2.1.1 firmware (latest) can be jailbroken. I recommend using QuickPwn to do this.

When you buy your iPhone, get around buying service for it. Then when you have your inactivated iPhone you can jailbreak it, and use it. (Tip: When it is inactivated I think it's already in DFU mode, so you can just skip that.)

Or if you want to, you may be able to take somebody's sim card and use it with the phone temporarily to "activate" it. This way you can bypass jailbreaking it.

Good luck!

3. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

thank you. Actually i am getting one for 190 bucks used.

I am not sure what version is on it currently and I am hoping for the best buy im guessing it has the new modem firmware and update.

But being able to jailbreak was my one worry, I plan on using a turbo sim card with a tmobile plan