Jailbreak disaster....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joshmacbosh, Jul 23, 2009.

1. joshmacbosh macrumors member

joshmacbosh

Ok, so yesterday i jail broke my iPhone 3G using a simple youtube video.
    Prior to the jail breaking i backed up my iPhone on iTunes so that i could set up the iPhone as a new phone and then restore from the back up that i'd created...BUT when it came to restoring from back up, there were two "josh manceys iPhone" (one obviously saved from my v1 iPhone) but as i was unsure which one was which i just picked one...but it set my phone back up as my v1 iPhone looked, the camera roll was full of photos from my v1 iPhone and my contacts were the same as what i had on my v1, same with apps etc etc. So then i think never mind i'll just restore from back up again but select the OTHER "josh manceys iphone" which changed what it should; app, contact and iPhoto albums wise, but my camera roll remained the same :mad: BAD TIMES!!!!

I found that the iPhones backed up file are situated in library->application support->mobile sync but they're useless and you cant view anything. SURLEY SURLEY SURELY there must be a way of me finding those photos that were in my camera roll, i had some really sweet photos in there that i'll really miss!!!

I backed up my iPhone so suuuuuuurley they're there somewhere.

Can anyone help?...

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I would try putting it into DFU mode and restoring to stock 3.0 again. This gets rid of anything that is on the phone already. Then jailbreak once more. Then try to restore from the newer backup again.

Hope that helps.

DFU mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

3. TapOut macrumors regular

TapOut

why would you restore in the first place..why not use redsn0w and not lose anything at all and not have to restore from back up or set up as new phone

4. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

i thought they were all the same :((((, i should've done my research.

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Just restore again and select the right backup this time.

6. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

sounds like that would work, but i've tried it several times with no luck!

i was just HOPING that i'd be able to find them located somewhere on my mac, obviously not... :(

7. NDPTAL85 macrumors newbie

If you've been using Time Machine during this whole ordeal you should be able to find a usable backup somewhere on your backup drive. Say from a day before you jailbroke?

8. joshmacbosh thread starter macrumors member

joshmacbosh

oooh all the regrets i'm having right now!!