iPad Jailbreak FaceTime over LTE

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jumpie, May 27, 2012.

1. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Yes, I've searched but since the new jailbreak has come out, does the old enable FaceTime over 3G work on VZW's 4G LTE network?

2. Jumpie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Answered

Since no one knew, I took the plunge and got 3G Unrestrictor 5. Facetime works over VZW's 4G LTE.

You're welcome.

3. themoz macrumors newbie

A big thank you. Installed 3g unrestrictor 5 and lte facetime calls now work perfectly.:D

4. number84 macrumors 6502

Any difference between this and the featured My3G on Cydia home page? Same price it seems at $3.99.

5. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Not really. Both work well, allow you to select which apps you want to use over 3G/LTE and are easy to set up.

I bought both a while back and use My3G now. They claim to use a dynamic methods to trick apps were 3G Unrestrictor supposedly uses one and if that doesn't work for a particular app you won't be able to use it outside of wifi.

Personally, I've never run into a situation were 3G Unrestrictor failed so I'm not sure how much stock I'd put into that claim. I do like how My3g has a little icon that slides in from the side of the screen (just for a second or two) and lets you know a particular app is ready to use with 3G/LTE.