iPod touch jailbreak FML

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sonny bro, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Sonny bro macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Ipod touch 4g 4.2.1: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

ok macrumors, so heres my situation. i had first jailbroken my ipod touch 4g running ios 4.2.1 afterwards i got tweaks such as yourtube and ifile. i noticed that if i deleted my downloaded youtube videos from yourtube tweak, my ipods memory would not get freed up, it would stay the same ie. 2.3gb left or whatever. i then went into ifile and found them, and should of deleted them. but i updated, because i could not restore withouit updating and now im on 4.3.4 and no option but a tethered jb. when i restored, the videos were still on my ipods memory, but i could not see them without ifile so theyre just taking up like a gb for nothing. what can i do? also, when i jailbroke with 4.3.3, my music app stopped working unless i ran my ipod in safe mode. any reasons why? thanks :)

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

They would have been deleted when you did a restore, the only way they could still be there is if they were saved in a backup and the backup was restored. What was the full location of the videos? I'm pretty sure you can edit your backup, which would give you the option to do a backup now, remove the videos from the backup, then restore that without the videos.

3. Sonny bro thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Ipod touch 4g 4.2.1: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

im not sure of the full location of the vids its something like var>user>yourtube2>videos or something like that but like i said, i could only view them on ifile. how would i go about doing that?

4. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

Did you restore without applying a backup? I suggest restoring to 4.3.4 clean and seeing if there is any funny stuff added to your iPod Touch...