Jailbreak for 5.1.1, now released! (Today)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by FatGuy007, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatGuy007, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

I am here today to proudly pronounce the jailbreak for all iDevices untethered. Especially the 4s and Ipad 2's and 3's becuase they have been waiting a while.

We would like to thank everybody in the HITB confrence, Pod2g, MuscleNerd, and the rest of the team. They spare tons of hours to give us happiness.

For the turtorial go here:

http://greenpois0n.com/

or just follow instructions below:

1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.

2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.

3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer. LINKS IN SITE

4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.

5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)

6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!

Please, Also donate for the work they've done for you - http://greenpois0n.com/

All devices currently work on this.

2. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

Sweet!!! :eek: Is this really happening! Oh wait, I'm at work so I can't do anything right now. :cool:

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Please join one of the other discussions already in progress, such as this one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.