Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
A tethered jailbreak is already available for A4 devices. Although cydia is broken for now but it's good enough for developers to test their apps..

lucbas

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2012
Hey community

You're able to jailbreak the new iOS6 Beta, but it's just a tethered jailbreak.
It's a little difficult because the current RedSnow isn't able to install Cydia. With the new Redsnow you can implement a SSH connection.
After that sou have to SSH'ing into the phone and install Cydia through the command line.

Because that's a bit difficult, I've decided to code a tool, which is able to install Cydia through the SSH. So you don't have to log in to your iDevice.

You just have to implement the SSH connection through the RedSnow jailbreak and after that, you can start my tool to install Cydia.

The application has been programmed with C#/.NET. So usually you can't run Windows programs on Mac, but with MONO (see instructions on my site) you're able to run .NET applications on OSX.

I've just finished the application and if there any bug or something, I would be happy if you contact me.

You can grab the automatic Cydia installer and correct RedSnow build with some instructions on my site.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
It would be a waste of an exploit. I'm hoping they JB the iPhone 5 quickly after release though, as I want one. That and make a Lifeproof case for it.

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
If anyone bothered to read, the jb doesn't use any new exploit. It's the same as before.

You can jb, but you MUST boot tethered. SSH Works so you can install Cydia manually (They claim Cydia is broken but it actually worked just fine for me, most likely just a BS claim so there isn't a rush on it). I wouldn't try it yet. I had apps disappear and reappear all kinds of weirdness. I'd wait.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
If anyone bothered to read, the jb doesn't use any new exploit. It's the same as before.

You can jb, but you MUST boot tethered. SSH Works so you can install Cydia manually (They claim Cydia is broken but it actually worked just fine for me, most likely just a BS claim so there isn't a rush on it). I wouldn't try it yet. I had apps disappear and reappear all kinds of weirdness. I'd wait.

Do they need a new exploit to do an untethered? That would be a waste of an exploit. If not, it's probably just because it's not worth it for a developers beta that doesn't have that many people using it in the first place.

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
Do they need a new exploit to do an untethered? That would be a waste of an exploit. If not, it's probably just because it's not worth it for a developers beta that doesn't have that many people using it in the first place.

They probably do. That's why the beta JB is a TETHERED JB. They're playing it safe and not burning any exploits. These betas are for devs to test their jb tweaks basically.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
They probably do. That's why the beta JB is a TETHERED JB. They're playing it safe and not burning any exploits. These betas are for devs to test their jb tweaks basically.

That makes sense. I'm glad the hackers are being smart about how they "use" or "burn" the exploits. Hopefully that will enable them to keep bringing Jailbreaks. I'm hoping for one shortly after 6 comes out, as I committed to keeping my 4S, but I want to be able to put iOS 6 on and keep MiWi and such.

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
That makes sense. I'm glad the hackers are being smart about how they "use" or "burn" the exploits. Hopefully that will enable them to keep bringing Jailbreaks. I'm hoping for one shortly after 6 comes out, as I committed to keeping my 4S, but I want to be able to put iOS 6 on and keep MiWi and such.

Yeah, they said the one pod2g developed for 5.1.1 will partially work on 6.0 so hopefully they wont take as long to get one out for 6.0. I LOVE my Springtomize!

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
Yeah, they said the one pod2g developed for 5.1.1 will partially work on 6.0 so hopefully they wont take as long to get one out for 6.0. I LOVE my Springtomize!

I love SBSettings and MyWi, just to name two. I'm not upgrading until there is a JB out. Then I'll probably upgrade and not upgrade again, just like with 5.0.1 now.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
If you have an A4 device you can do a tethered jailbreak, though they say it doesn't include cydia, you can get it by following this guide

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/06/18/how-to-install-cydia-on-ios-6-beta/

Keep in mind, not all tweaks are updated for ios 6, so use at your own discretion.

Don't know why people down voted you, having a jailbreak is the single reason I don't criticsize apple's updates, because if the public can't do it and release it in cydia, I have no reason to expect it from apple, and if the public can do it, then I just download it. I enjoyed wifi syncing a year before iOS 5. Win win.

----------

Because a Beta's lifespan is usually only several weeks before a new version releases. The security hole will more than likely get plugged with each beta.

A4 devices have a hardware level security exploit, called limera1n or something. There will always be a tethered jailbreak for A4 devices.

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
If you have an A4 device you can do a tethered jailbreak, though they say it doesn't include cydia, you can get it by following this guide

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/06/18/how-to-install-cydia-on-ios-6-beta/

Keep in mind, not all tweaks are updated for ios 6, so use at your own discretion.

Don't know why people down voted you, having a jailbreak is the single reason I don't criticsize apple's updates, because if the public can't do it and release it in cydia, I have no reason to expect it from apple, and if the public can do it, then I just download it. I enjoyed wifi syncing a year before iOS 5. Win win.

----------

A4 devices have a hardware level security exploit, called limera1n or something. There will always be a tethered jailbreak for A4 devices.

They're idiots. I like how every iOS release includes more and more of the JB tweaks I use regularly!

Just like the old bootrom 3GS will always be an untethered JB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.