Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I can see how this will get annoying. Especially the cheek of the OP asking two questions in this thread that can be widely found in this forum and google and even previously in this thread. If people don't at least try to find out a bit of info themselves then i won't take even a second to try and help them. This guy probably wants you to go round his house and jail break his phone as well.

Exactly. Everyone wants to help, but if you abuse the help you get, no one will want to help anymore.

I would like to thank the vets for helping organize the information and help folks. I went to TinyUmbrella and saved my blobs and I'm patiently waiting for a mess of posts that evad3rs.com is live! Like someone else, my backup went corrupt when I was going to upgrade to 6.1. Seems like something fishy there, but I found the backups, deleted and started over and it went fine.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Glad it is working!

locoboi187

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2012
Yes i posted that. It was the initial thread relaying the information, the question was asked so many times in the different threads that it warranted a seperate thread as to reduce the overall postings and keep people properly informed. It helps the regualr posters in reducing workload answering useless repeats like these and yours :)

No what you're doing is clogging the forums. This information is posted on numerous other threads. There's a search feature for a reason. If users like you are incompetent of utilizing the full features of this website then there's nothing I can do. I'm done.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
No what you're doing is clogging the forums. This information is posted on numerous other threads. There's a search feature for a reason. If users like you are incompetent of utilizing the full features of this website then there's nothing I can do. I'm done.

I think you quoted the wrong person ... :confused:

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Been waiting for this so that I could install apps without paying for it!

If that's your motive for jailbreaking, then you're one of the many people who is ruining the jailbreak community. You don't need to be jailbroken to pirate apps, but like I stated you don't seem to smart.

globality

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2010
If that's your motive for jailbreaking, then you're one of the many people who is ruining the jailbreak community. You don't need to be jailbroken to pirate apps, but like I stated you don't seem to smart.
I hate to pirate apps and all my apps are legitimate app store purchases. But on the other hand I always hoped that Apple can provide a better way for app trial. For example, give app developer the freedom to set a free trial time (games 1 hour, tools 1 day etc.). There are many apps that don't have a lite/free version, and more than once I paid an app/game and end up finding it very crappy or does not really fit my needs. Not saying that pirating is right. Maybe off the topic...

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I hate to pirate apps and all my apps are legitimate app store purchases. But on the other hand I always hoped that Apple can provide a better way for app trial. For example, give app developer the freedom to set a free trial time (games 1 hour, tools 1 day etc.). There are many apps that don't have a lite/free version, and more than once I paid an app/game and end up finding it very crappy or does not really fit my needs. Not saying that pirating is right. Maybe off the topic...

I know, it sucks, but for a comment like that, it's annoying and that just gives the non-jailbreaker's fuel to start an argument.

"Jailbreaking is for people who want to steal".

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK

Definitely, that's the reason why Installous was very important for me, to test applications before buying it.

Anyway, some applications have an outrageous price like TomTom. For the price of the App I can even buy a hardware device...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.