Hi everyone, I'm really desperate for help. I was previously on a jailbroken iphone 3G running 3.0 firmware. I decided that I wanted to upgrade to 3.1.2 now that the jailbreak was out. Firstly, I ran into some problems while doing the jailbreak. I used Pwnage Tool and after selecting the "iphone" i repeatedly got a message saying that the "wrong firmware bundle" was being selected. I found a solution for this, being that if i selected "iphone 3Gs" instead of the straight "iphone" it recognized the .ipsw file. (I figured that the "iphone" icon was referring to the ORIGINAL iphone, and the iphone 3G and 3Gs were under the same icon) I created a custom 3.1.2 ipsw file, and proceeded to jailbreak/upgrade my phone using this. After the process was finished I ended up with the phone not being able to connect to my carrier. (I am on an official carrier with the iphone - ie. I do not need unlock). I tried all the solutions that I could find online (mainly resetting the network settings, as well as turning off the 3G option) but none of them worked. I need my phone because of my work, so I started to panic a little. The only solution I could think of to do was: "Factory restore" Luckily while I was doing this, I realized that I still had the original 3.0 ipsw file on my computer, so i alt/option - restored to this file. Then I synced everything back up from the backup that I made before I started the whole 3.1.2 jailbreak process. I have all my notes, contacts, and apps. I also have reception with the carrier again. One more thing: I installed AptBackup before I did the whole 3.1.2 jailbreak process. My question is now: If I wanted to jailbreak again, should I just jailbreak the 3.0 firmware? If I did that, would I be able to use the AptBackup to get all the Cydia apps that I downloaded back? OR is a better option to try to do the 3.1.2 jailbreak again? If I wanted to do this, would i have to update THROUGH APPLE to 3.1.2 first, and then jailbreak? OR is it better to jailbreak the 3.0, THEN try again with PwnageTool to update to 3.1.2??? If ANYONE has a solution, or has encountered the same pro blems, PLEASE let me know. I am at a loss for how to proceed now. THANKS!